News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885i service manual

Started by Hassan, November 10, 2010, 08:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hassan

I've searched all the web including torrents but I still can't find any user's manual for early fuel injected tigers...

I've got a '99 885i.

Got any idea ?
\'99 885i

Timbox2

When you say users manual, do you mean a workshop manual?

The owners/users manual that comes with the bike from new isnt a lot of help anyway, the genuine Triumph Workshop manual should still be available from the dealers, at a price, or get yourself a Haynes manual.

As a public forum I wouldn't have thought we should be pointing you to illegal downloads with potential copyright infringement issues even if they are "out there".

And anyway, start searching for what you want to know and Im sure its here somewhere, or ask, totally free :D
2016 Tiger Sport

Hassan

That's right,

So I should say "can someone pm me a link to "borrow" the user's manual for my bike??"

Anyway,I need to know the total amount of water I should put in cooling system,

And also need to know if there is something special about changing oil??

I mean a unique difference than the other bikes.

I've ordered a kn-191 oil filter,hope it fits.
\'99 885i

Timbox2

coolant system according to my Haynes is 2.8lts, you may want to search for the procedure which is here somewhere, its tricky.

Changing oil is straight forward as any other bike, though the capacity is open to debate, the manuals tell you 4ltrs, 3.5 on mine gets me to middle of dipstick when screwed in.
2016 Tiger Sport

Hassan

\'99 885i

DeRayle

I've also got an early 99, 885i, Tiger, just chaged the oil recently, and also found that the called for 4.0 Liters was several ounces to much.
  I've got a Haynes manual, and it seem's very complete.

Timbox2

Quote from: "DeRayle"I've also got an early 99, 885i, Tiger, just chaged the oil recently, and also found that the called for 4.0 Liters was several ounces to much.
  I've got a Haynes manual, and it seem's very complete.

The odd thing is, for 2002 onwards Daytona's, Speed Triples and Sprints they do list 3.5ltrs, and Im not sure of any major difference on those engines compared to the Tiger???
2016 Tiger Sport