News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

code reader 99 Tiger

Started by hooligan971, October 10, 2010, 06:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooligan971

I try to avoid dealer visits if at all possible and am putting together a kit for doing my own wrenching on my new to me 99Tiger. Is there a code reader that I can pick up locally that will work with my bike ? Will it use a standard connection ? Where is the connection on these bikes ? Just hoping to find something readily available in the States to save some time and money.
  Thanks,
     Patrick
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

ChazzyB

See my reply at TriumphRat.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

cosmo

My '06 uses a standard connector, and can be read by any code reader that will do a GM car.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

haroldo_psf

Patrick,

Were you successfull with TuneECU and cable?
2000 Tiger 885i

hooligan971

I haven't  ordered the cable yet. I'm in the midst of moving and have had little time for the bike. Now I have a pretty bad sinus infection going on and am feeling terrible. Hopefully I'll get to it in the next couple of weeks.
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)