News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heated grip harness question

Started by 514Advrider, October 25, 2010, 12:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

514Advrider

I'm having a bit of trouble to figure this out from the manual's wiring diagram...

Since I changed the handle bars/hand guards/grips on my Tiger, I decided it would be easier to replace the stock heated grip kit by a Symtec aftermarket kit. I have a PC8 junction box to which I wired the grips. Now I need to get rid of the stock harness, and I'm wodering if removing the whole loom (shown below) will affect anything else on the bike?

Timbox2

Cant see any problems, all that harness does is the grips, I should know, Ive had to replace mine twice, dont ask :evil:
2016 Tiger Sport

brad1098

My throttle side is not working properly. Are you interested in selling your factory set of spare parts?

Let me know.
02 black-Lorna

BigMark

My clutch side dont work!

jwray76

My throttle side doesn't work either...Just picked up the bike so I haven't trouble shot it yet but it is on my list.

514Advrider

Thanks for your answers.

IMO, if one of your grips is malfunctioning, the problem most likely lays within the heated elements themselves. I'm thinking that the most vulnerable area is where the wires join the grips, especially on the throttle side where the wires might crack from fatigue.

514Advrider

I can sell the harness no problem, minus the grips, as obviously I had to keep the throttle tube. So you'd get only what's shown on the photo.

Both of my grips were functioning, but they were a bit slow to heat up. I'm still thinking that the problem was with the grips and not the harness.

Timbox2

On mine, originally the wires on the throttle side were shorting on the handlebar,but I hadnt noticed it, the loom from the switch went up and I thought it was a problem with the loom itself so replaced the loom only to burn it out again before I discovered the twistgrip problem, in the end I replaced the complete loom and both grips, the grips themselves arent that dear Fowlers Bristol had plenty of stock of all parts.

PS: The switch loom is overly long, but has to be, dont be tempted to shorten it, the grips wont work if you do, its a resistance thing.
2016 Tiger Sport