News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'96 Steamer questions

Started by garrett, October 22, 2010, 03:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Mudhen

I just can't wait  until he gets the bike to the nirvana of stock...and then has to put up with that big'ol flat spot at 4k rpm...

:lol:
\'96 Steamer

garrett

Whoa, whoa, whoa......what flat spot?  I prefer to short shift around 2000 RPM like the Harley folks.  haha.  I am use to Land Rovers, so flat spots in the tall part of the gear is normal.  Must be a British thing.  

Will fairy fluid get out the stripper glitter I got on my shirt?
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2000 BMW 1150 GS Adventure
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

BruKen

rybes

:ImaPoser you tosser  :wink:  :lol:

BruKen

:lol:  just a gentle ribbing.  I'm a bad man.  :lol:

rybes

thas ok , i can take a ribbin  :lol:  had to post that in another forum as i know someone who does that jugglin. lets just say he wernt impressed  :lol:  :lol:

aeronca

whoa - wait- lets get back to the green fairy juice and jetdocx :lol: you need to move back up north bro :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Quote from: "aeronca"whoa - wait- lets get back to the green fairy juice and jetdocx :lol: you need to move back up north bro :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No f'ing way!  The weather sucks and there's no lane splitting.  I might never go back... :roll:
From parts unknown.

garrett

Yep still at it.  

So I get the stock 105 jets in there and button everything back up.  Backed out the pilot jets 1.5-2 turns as well after seated.  

Toss the tank on and it fires up and idles good with a little throttle appears to be AOK.  The neutral light isn't working and it won't start in neutral unless the clutch is in.  Assuming that's just a bulb or wire issue.  

I go about putting the rest of the plastic on and hooking up the low fuel sender and clock.  

15 minutes later I try and fire it up and nothing.  Turns over and over, but doesn't fire up.  

Bowls have fluid and everything looks clean.  

I pull the carbs off again for one more quick look and clean out with some starter fluid, pull main jet, etc.  Everything back on and nothing again.  

I don't have comprehensive insurance, so I can't burn it.........yet.  :)  

What am I missing?  The weak link is usually the person sitting on it.
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

Mustang

seeing how it won't start without the clutch pulled in and you have no neutral light ................I bet if you put the sidestand up it will fire right away  :oops:  :lol:

garrett

I actually put it up and down, in gear, in neutral, etc.  Still the same result, but after I calm down a little I will head back over to my shop and try again.

If it ends up being that simple, I will stab myself with a flat head.  I am getting good at getting those carbs installed on all the boots within 2 min.
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

JetdocX

Kill switch?  I've never done anything like that myself.... :oops:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Kill switch?  I've never done anything like that myself.... :oops:
doubtful......motor will not spin with kill switch on

Quote from: "garret"15 minutes later I try and fire it up and nothing. Turns over and over, but doesn't fire up.