News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OE Alarm Removal

Started by Timbox2, April 16, 2011, 08:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

As Auto Electrics and myself arent the best of companions and as I would also like some sort of comeback, Ive decided to book the bike into a dealers to have this done.

What was quite funny was the dealer said " Its quite a big job, the luggage racks got to come off" ??? But then he said, so about .75 hrs, probably £50-£60, I mean thats fine, but where did the quite a big job come from?? :lol:

Oh, and what was also quite amusing was he said " Before you ask, NO, I cant sell you the plug", I wasnt even going to ask :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Timbox2"As Auto Electrics and myself arent the best of companions and as I would also like some sort of comeback, Ive decided to book the bike into a dealers to have this done.

What was quite funny was the dealer said " Its quite a big job, the luggage racks got to come off" ??? But then he said, so about .75 hrs, probably £50-£60, I mean thats fine, but where did the quite a big job come from?? :lol:

Oh, and what was also quite amusing was he said " Before you ask, NO, I cant sell you the plug", I wasnt even going to ask :lol:

My dealer sold me one when I removed the OE alarm from a Speed Triple. Trouble is, it had an extra link in it that caused a fuse to blow when you pressed the horn button... :roll:
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

iansoady

Mine doesn't seem ever to have had a plug, it's hard wired in.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

jphish

Were alarm systems required in GB ?  Seems like most the compaints / removal discussion comes from across the pond. My dealer checked my 06 - said I was mercifully devoid of any such offending item. Toodles, j