News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Metzeler tourance

Started by daveb, October 06, 2010, 01:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

I need to change the front tyre on my Girly, currently I have Anakee I on the front and anakee II on rear, now I an going to replace the front after 7500 miles, the bike shop is suggesting using Metzeler tourance anyone got any feedback on these Metzeler tyres, they are about £25 cheaper than the AnakeeII tyre. Tourance £65 + fitting Anakee II £90 + fitting.

cbxtc6

read the Tiger Tyre Guide:
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4126

I like the Tourance better since I get many more miles out of them than the Anakee.

Timbox2

yep, bought a pair of Tourances  from M and P back in June done 5500 miles so far and still looking very good, very confidence inspiring especially in the rain, though a test I read rated the Annakee even better in the wet, anyway, I cant fault them.

Had the Conti Trail Attack before and although a great tyre, Front and Back were toast at 6K
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

cheers guys for the replies, make me feel a lot happier knowing the tourance are good value for money

fret

Tourances voted best trailie tyre by RiDE magazine Riderpower survey. That clinches what I always thought.

Tourances were OEM for 2004 models. I had 10500 from a set and they were still well legal when I sold the bike.
You could get the pegs down as well. As soon as the current Avons on my new 955 are worn I will replace them with the Tourances.

haroldo_psf

Out of curiosity, has anyone run Pirelli Scorpion Trail (or Sync) and can compare them with the Tourances?
2000 Tiger 885i

Timbox2

Another update, my rear Tourance is pretty much shagged now at 7000, which I dont think is too bad, front looks fine for a few k more.

I am pretty heavy on the gas by the way, Im sure I could get loads more if I showed a bit more  twistgrip restraint.
2016 Tiger Sport

LTB

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"Out of curiosity, has anyone run Pirelli Scorpion Trail (or Sync) and can compare them with the Tourances?

I've had Trails on a Transalp and I was very happy with them.
They haven't been around long enough to get a reputation but as
I understand Metzeler is owned by Pirelli and the Trials are related
to Tourance EXP.
Different compound between centre and wall.
Less offroad than Tourance but as good in the wet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627789
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

delecti

Im on my second set of scorpion trails and they grip and wear very well. I have a lot more confidence in them than the anakees I had on previously.
Came home in the rain yesterday 300km of heavy rain riding as in the dry but easier in the corners (obviously) and the rear has done 12800km. take a gander!
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?