News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger fuel problem

Started by catswiskas, October 25, 2010, 10:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catswiskas

just after a little advice got my tiger back together after fitting new spragg clutch (bought this bike as a non runner) but is not running right. will only run up to about 2500 rpm then cuts out ,ive done away with tap fuel filter also tried leaving cap open but it will run some were near if you put youre hand over airbox intake.so i think its still fuel shortage i blew jets through before reassembly but did not remove do you think its a blockage maybe floats many thanks  ps its a great forum.

Sin_Tiger

There is a filter "in the line" to the carbs, try that first coz it's a bugger. If that doesn't sort it search on cleaning jets are they are the next likely suspect, there's plenty of info on hear on setting up Steamer carbs.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: "catswiskas"but it will run some were near if you put youre hand over airbox intake.so i think its still fuel shortage i blew jets through before reassembly but did not remove do you think its a blockage maybe floats many thanks  ps its a great forum.

you are going to have to bite the bullet so to speak and pull the carbs apart to clean the jets
but first .......is the blanking cap on the right hand side snorkel for the air box ? It needs to be

catswiskas

right hand cover is on snorkle ,ill try pipe filter and if it fails ill strip carbs hopefully the cat will be purring shortly thanks. :lol: