News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune Number

Started by Chris Canning, October 26, 2010, 11:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

When I was having different tunes put into my Tiger 2001/04 they had a number as in 13/14/15,but I think they changed(to a code) at the end what was the was the last one they did.

Bixxer Bob

Chris, I'm not sure how the Tuneboy codes relate to Triumph ones, but you could try looking here:

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/downloads.html

the right map depends on VIN, can etc.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Cheers Bob,that tallys with the conversation today.

To say I had a shock is putting it mildy!!,in 04 after useing Triumphs/Sagems lattest tune and not being happy with it,took it back after a trip down in southern Spain,(were I'd had to have an old tune put in because the vibration was so bad),they told me they had an even more upto date version in and I should try it,and it seemed ok.

The bike has been run on an open can since day1 when it was new,in recent months it's lost it's edge low down,so took it in today to a dealer I have really never used,and asked e'm to put a new tune in.

He tells me the tune that was in is the stock one and not for an open pipe  :shock: ,it's been in 6 years!!!,put the latest offroad tune in,it's different alright.

Bixxer Bob

I'm guessing you mean 10173.  That was the base I started from on the dyno. It had a lean spot in the midrange which we sorted and got 102 bhp at the tyre.  Although my version of 10173 is still not 100% smooth, it's not bad - I'm about to send a copy to COS in Cyprus to try.  If you fancy dabbling in TuneECU i can send you a copy to try.

I intend to make it available to everyone once I've finished tweaking it, but time is the main factor.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Yep thats the one,If my bad memory serves me right,I'll need to ride this a while to work out if it's any good and I'm happy,I remember before thinking it was OK round the block and then on a run  :(

So thanks for your offer and I'm not saying no.

Chris

Bixxer Bob

It being ok round the block is probably down to the Warmup table in the ECU; it enrichens the mix until the engine reaches about 68 deg then reverts to normal A/F mix.  

Or was it ok when up to temp on the run to start with but then gradually got worse?

Chris Canning

Bob

Well to be honest I'm still a little shell shocked from when the guy said it was a stock tune,as I said it's been in since 04,and not run bad at all,it's only been this year were it's been woollie off the bottom end,but as soon as the clutch was out ran fine,I did go back to my 02 sensor which has been in the spare change dish for 3/4 years!! but wasn't happy with that(just like I wasn't when I bought it in the first place)

The guy who put the tune wa saying that had just had all their maps upgraded the day before :? ,I was under the impression that the 955 stuff(new) had been stopped anyway,don't ask me!!

But what make me hesitant,when I had the dodgy map put in,in 03 round the block it was electric,great pick up and ran like a good'un,but on a long run(we had to be in Valencia in a day and a half) got pretty tedious with the vibes,so we'll see.

So I'll reserve judgement before shouting from the roof tops!!

Bixxer Bob

Ahh, I understand now.  I found that with the more power tune I use most of the time the exhaust note is louder and has more of a rasp to it and yes, it's more viby too.   I don't do many journeys over 30 miles each way since I retired during the summer so hadn't really thought about it.  I plan to put that right next year though if everything works out.

I'm interested in what your dealer said, and which tune he loaded.  I wonder if he recieved a new tunepack from Triumph and assumed they'd all be updated, or if he actually had a new Tiger-specific tune  :?