News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine bars

Started by D-Fuzz, November 09, 2010, 01:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Fuzz

Metal panniers....don't get me started.  Finding pannier racks for this bike is harder than engine bars.  I like my Andystrapz bags anyway, so no real worry there.  I have also tought about using some tank panniers instead of a tankbag, maybe if I stuff those full of toilet paper and sofa cushions, they can protect the tank. :)

Looking through the Steamer gallery, it seems about a 50/50 split on bikes with & without bars, so maybe I can hold off for awhile.  My bike budget only allows me to break these bits off in little pieces, and I've almost spent my winter bike budget on a centrestand, heated grips, a topcase, still have to buy some new rubber and some footpegs from you, Mustang.  The last big pieces are engine bars & some suspension work from Sasquatch.  Those might have to wait for next winter.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Mustang

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"Metal panniers....don't get me started.  Finding pannier racks for this bike is harder than engine bars...........  

you have to make your own and if you do the options are endless

D-Fuzz

Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Colonel Nikolai

Mustang don't tell me you made those! :bowdown

Amazing! Did you use an existing set to start from or did you make them utterly from scratch?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

CoolHandLuke

The Hepco & Becker bars can bought.  They are readily available, if you don't mind a wait.

I recently purchased what must have been the last new (still in the shrink wrap plastic) set of Givi luggage racks for the old steamer on eBay.  They had been in storage at a dealer near me for the last 10 years or more and I couldn't believe my luck.

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Mustang don't tell me you made those! :bowdown

Amazing! Did you use an existing set to start from or did you make them utterly from scratch?
:headbang from a pile of tubing

Colonel Nikolai

:bowdown Impressive.

I made a mounting system for a Wingrack II for my Sprint myself. Worked great but didn't look as good :oops:

The Givi cases and my homemade mount saved the Sprint when someone hit the bike while it was parked (really the cases: those things are TOUGH) and knocked it over. Hit and run. I found the bike resting on one of its cases when I returned to the parking lot. The mounting system was all bent up (you can see it in the picture) but the bike was fine: lost a turn signal and scratched a bar-end is all.

It's 12 gauge steel, prolly overkill. Lasted 5000 miles no trouble until the hit.

Here they are at the beginning:

Here they are at the end:

Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.