News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Cheap(ish) fully synth oil ( Halfords)

Started by Timbox2, October 08, 2010, 06:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Another oil and filter change looms so I did a bit of price comparing.

Ive been using Silkolene Pro Race 15/50, the best I got that for was £43 for 4 litres, then I thought hang on, Triumph has now changed allegiance from Mobil to Castrol, quick check with Halfords and 4 litres of Castrol power 1 racing 10/40 can be had for £33, job done :D
2016 Tiger Sport

outrunner

I have been using that for years, mostly bought from Halfords as well.  :D

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

NeilD

edit: just realised you were talking about fully synth.. :oops:  :oops:

or 5 litres of Halfords own brand 10/40 semi synth motorcycle oil for less than 20 quid today when I was in there  :)

some good prices here too.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-807-semi-sy ... ?pagenum=2

I've just ordered the Motul 10/40 semi at £15 for 4 litres.. theres £5 postage but thats the same for 1 or 2 cans so bought 2, as I have 2 bikes that use the same stuff..  :lol:

Geoff D

Cheaper still if you can blag a Halfords trade card  :thumbsup
The older I get the faster I was...

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

Quote from: "NeilD"or 5 litres of Halfords own brand 10/40 semi synth motorcycle oil for less than 20 quid today when I was in there  :)

Think that'll be car oil. Wouldn't use that in your bike if I were you.

I too have been using the Castrol bought from Halfords for many years now.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "NeilD"or 5 litres of Halfords own brand 10/40 semi synth motorcycle oil for less than 20 quid today when I was in there  :)

No, its bike stuff, I used to use it in the BM I had before, but the BM had a thirst for oil unlike the Tiger which so far at 36K hardly uses a drop between changes hence I don't mind using decent stuff
2016 Tiger Sport

blacktiger

Quote from: "Timbox2"

No, its bike stuff, I used to use it in the BM I had before,

Hmmmmm. Didn't know they did own brand bike oil. Never seen it in my local branch anyway.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Timbox2"

No, its bike stuff, I used to use it in the BM I had before,

Hmmmmm. Didn't know they did own brand bike oil. Never seen it in my local branch anyway.

The bigger branches seem to stock more, but even the piddly little local one near me always has a couple of cans in the bike section, they used to do 3 flavours, mineral, semi and fully synth, but have only seen the semi and full stuff recently.
2016 Tiger Sport