News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEC Anyone

Started by Chris Canning, November 25, 2010, 09:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "daveb"I see scottoiler on their facebook page have photos of the new tiger from the NEC

They are advertising a new inertia-operated system that doesn't need connecting to your vacuum system.  It senses forward movement of the bike and opens the oil valve - so no more issues with voiding manufacturers warranty by cutting into the vacuum pipes and no dripping when it's ticking over on the driveway.  Well that's the theory anyway!! :lol:

Pricey though... http://www.scottoiler.com/uk/esystem/esystem.html
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Was up there yesterday, it was fairly quiet then, got a seat on the new Tigger, luggage won't be any better than the Girly stuff, and the height feels the same as the Girly, not as wide but then that doesn't bother me about mine anyway. Nice bike but I think I'll hang on and see what the 1200 brings.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Was up there yesterday, it was fairly quiet then, got a seat on the new Tigger, luggage won't be any better than the Girly stuff, and the height feels the same as the Girly, not as wide but then that doesn't bother me about mine anyway. Nice bike but I think I'll hang on and see what the 1200 brings.

Walked on the Triumph stand looked at the new 800 road and offroad together on that revolving turn table,one revolution and walked off  :( ,serious off roaders riding something smaller,serious road riders want something bigger.

Sit on it??,far more important things like cake and coffee  :D

John Stenhouse

Champagne and nibbles for me, but I still found time to have a seat  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Finally got to the show today.  Absolutely love the new Moto Guzzi V7 retro cafe racer with the clip-ons, chrome tank and red frame, click on Immagini at the lower left side for pics (which don't do it justice - go see one if you can):

http://www.motoguzzi.it/#/motoguzzi/IT/ ... r/V7-Racer

Didn't know that Metisse were still building bikes, but they are!!

Looked again at the Stelvio MTX - seems a good bike at the price considering it comes fully dressed - what's the trade view Chris C?  Not good enough to oust the Girly I think though.

1600 BMW doesn't look or feel any bigger than the 1300 GT and is just as ugly.

Liked both 800 Tigers; height didn't seem any better or worse than the Girly.

Didn't like the Speed Triple, I suppose it might grow on me in time.

Had a right laugh sitting on a Rocket 3 - wasn't keen on the arms-forward legs-forward position and my legs weren't long enough to reach the cruiser pegs!!

Really liked the KTM 990 Adventure - only bike I tried that immediately felt right standing on the pegs - but don't need anything that extreme.

So I'll be keeping my cash for now... :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

I've ridden a KTM 990 Adventure and realy liked it, if I was doing more off road stuff I think I would go for one. But for mainly road riding/touring I'll stick to me Tiger.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

blacktiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Walked on the Triumph stand looked at the new 800 road and offroad together on that revolving turn table,one revolution and walked off  :( ,serious off roaders riding something smaller,serious road riders want something bigger.

Obviously not your cup of tea but for me it sounds perfect. I want a bike that combines good solo touring with the ability to go up the dirt tracks in the mountains after I've dumped the luggage in the hotel, and should be light enough to pick up if the inevitable happens. To me it's middle ground between my Tiger and my Scrambler.

IMO the 1200s are for those wanting two up touring and like to kid themselves that they'll take it off road.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

I've aready said it elsewhere, but I'm hoping the 1200 is a resurrected Trophy but with up to date styling and shaft drive - not interested in a 1200 ADV.  If they've dusted off the work they did on a bike to match the 'Bird and 'Busa that'll be a good start.  I've ridden two of the three competitors (BMW 1300GT, GTR 1400 not the FJR) and the Kwak came closest to my 'Bird but wasn't better (slightly more comfy slightly less grunt less smooth and a lot bigger).  The 1300GT just didn't feel like a £15k bike, despite what the press say about it.

NKL

I just can't believe they want £15k for  poxy motorbike, where the hell do they get their prices from
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100