News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

!!!!! Heads Up !!!!!

Started by KuzzinKenny, December 01, 2010, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

I don't know how valid this is but there's a new computer virus on the way !!

its an email sent one, so if you get an email with the subject ' POSTCARD '

DELETE IT no mater who sent it !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Mustang

it's been around since at least 2007 and is not as bad as it sounds

check it at snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

KuzzinKenny

:icon_scratch  :?

I got this warning from a kuzz in the US as a FW  :evil:  i hate it when PPL FW stuff !! 100s of email addresses go with if and mine taged to it  :evil:

next will be all the SPAM AAaaaaaahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers Mustang for puttin me right !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

I got an Email from my sister recommending blue pills at 3am yesterday.  Given that we're not given to discussing subjects of that nature, and that she's never been awake at 3am to my knowledge, I'm guessing her Hotmail address book's been hacked  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I got an Email from my sister recommending blue pills at 3am yesterday.  Given that we're not given to discussing subjects of that nature, and that she's never been awake at 3am to my knowledge, I'm guessing her Hotmail address book's been hacked  :roll:

Now thats is funny  :D  :D

oxnsox

Ok so what are the chances the Postcard KK is worried about is the Blue Tit one Mustang posted in the other thread... :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mustang

John Stenhouse

On a similar theme has anyone had notification from DHL or Fed Ex that they can't deliver a package, only curious because I have two, problem being I'm not expecting anything and they are in the wrong e mail account.

The message has a zipped letter attached that is referred to in the message which says open the letter to see the details.

Am I right in being suspicious, or am I turning down an early Christmas present?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"On a similar theme has anyone had notification from DHL or Fed Ex that they can't deliver a package, only curious because I have two, problem being I'm not expecting anything and they are in the wrong e mail account.

The message has a zipped letter attached that is referred to in the message which says open the letter to see the details.

Am I right in being suspicious, or am I turning down an early Christmas present?
it's a scam
neither DHL or Fed x will notify by email

rf9rider

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"On a similar theme has anyone had notification from DHL or Fed Ex that they can't deliver a package, only curious because I have two, problem being I'm not expecting anything and they are in the wrong e mail account.

Yup, thats a scam.
It gives you a phone number to ring to "re-arrange" the delivery, the scam is the number is premium rate, i`ve heard it costs you around £50 per minute!

John Stenhouse

I didn't even open the letter! I thought it was a virus.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting