News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stock Windscreen

Started by Hemibee, November 13, 2010, 02:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

How tall is the stock windscreen on a 2001 Girly?  All I have is a summer screen and looking to purchase a new one but the ones I've found that I like all come in sizes 4.5 to 6.5 inches taller than stock.  Without knowing how tall the stock one is, I'm having trouble figuring out which of the ones I'm looking at will be of the right height. Thanks for any help you provide in my search for the right screen.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

KuzzinKenny

Not neer me Tigger at the mo but this pic of BigMark's bike should give you an idea of the size !!

http://emmarky.com/index.php?p=1_22_Our ... 5i-Tigger-

i don't no anyone who likes the standard screen  :?  it made my eyes rattle at 70mph  :shock:  

i'm 5'10'' if that helps !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

brad1098

I have a stock screen and will be posting for sale very soon.  At that time I will give dimensions.
02 black-Lorna

LTB

I have both the stock and the MRA large screen.
The MRA was on when I bought the bike and I've looked for a soultion for
"shaking head". Mirror extensions didn't work.
When I (a year after) tried the stock screen it's like a new bike.
I love it. It could maybe be 2cm lower.
The wind hits my helmet straight on and the turbulence is just below the chin.
With the MRA, the turbulence was hitting just above the visor and I had to lay down on the tank to get out of turbulence.
An even bigger screen would ofcourse work, but I like the look with the stock screen.

I'm 185cm. 32" inseam.
I have 25mm raised bars, gelseat in the top position and Mustang lowered pegs.

To make it just a little bit better, next year I'll try with an MRA adjustable screen.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Hemibee

I think I'm going to go with the MRA Adjustable.  Cee Bailey's aren't getting a very good review and I wouldn't know if I should order the 4.5 over stock or 6.5 over stock height.  Adjustable seems to be the way to go.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Putts255

I think I am going to go with the MRA - Vario as well.  

I dropped the hint last week to the kids and the wife it is one of the items on my Christmas wish list.  If I don't get it for Christmas I will just order it after... ;)
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Spud

Got standard screen, extended mirrors. Put on bigger screen 3 inch taller no better got MRA tried all the different postions and now just leave in top postion, no problems. To get really quite put your head near tank filler. MRA recommended cheers Spud  :wink:

jwray76

I cut down the stocker to sport screen height to give clean air to my helmet area. Cee-Baileys 2 didn't work for me either but I might try to modify it for a winter screen.

brad1098

Stock screen is 11.25" tall and there might be one for sale in the FM.  :lol:
http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2853#62853
I run a sports screen in the summer months and a Cee Bailey's #2 +6.5 with a MRA Vario lip mounted to the Cee Bailey's in the Spring, Fall and Winter.
02 black-Lorna

JasonS

The only time I get clean air with any screen and or configuration is with the sport screen... it is a bit hard on long rides, but for ramming around it is the ticket....

I have mirror extenders and found that made little difference.. however when the CeeB #2 and tank panniers are on.. it does get better..
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Advwannabe

I have a sports screen cut right down to 1cm over the top of the cowling for summer and tooling around, and a Palmer bracket and screen for longer runs, together with 2" custom made mirror extentions.

I'm 6'3". The beaut thing about the Palmer is its adjustability, much more so than the MRA, which I sold to a list member some time back
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Sabre

The sport screen is what I like in summer, as it's the only time that my helmet is in clear air and not deafening me. However, I commute year-round and want some additional protection (and have unfortunately developed some hearing loss as a result).

The stock screen is worthless. The tall Triumph screen is no better. I'm currently running a taller MRA Vario plus mirror extenders. It's really only quiet if I duck down lower than is comfortable. I'm only 6-1, but have a long torso, and my helmet is just roaring all the time. Yes, I wear hearing pro.

Does anyone have any experience with the Girly fitting one of the larger Laminar Lips? I saw a few this past weekend...on a WeeStrom, on a MultiStrada, and on a Guzzi Norge. Didn't get a chance to talk to their owners, but they looked quite the treat for moving air up and outward.

Any experience in this bunch?
I could tell you more, but suddenly I am run over by a truck.

-Michael O\'Donoghue, How to Write Good

brad1098

I had a Laminar lip on my bike with a Triumph touring screen.  It was not effective at all for me- 5'9"

My solution was to take the vario portion from a MRA and bolt it to the CeeBaileys #2 +8.......nearly no buffeting and alot of protection from cooler air.

I then run a sports screen in the warmer months.

This is the best combination I came up with after a couple years.
02 black-Lorna