News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlight cutoff switch

Started by 97tiger885, December 20, 2010, 09:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

There was a thread a while back on replacing a headlight switch on the Tiger with one from that another Triumph model.  The new switch cuts power to the headlights when the starter button is pressed.  Anybody remember the details of the swap?

93TigerBill

On my '93, I fitted a RHS switch block from an early Sprint - which has a switch to turn off the lights altogether, or just have parkers.
Plug & play!
Simple solution, you get into the habit off ignition off/lights off;  ignition on/start up/lights on.
KISS principle.....
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

Mustang

Quote from: "97tiger885"There was a thread a while back on replacing a headlight switch on the Tiger with one from that another Triumph model.  The new switch cuts power to the headlights when the starter button is pressed.  Anybody remember the details of the swap?

both of my 98's do exactly that ...kill the headlights while the starter is spinning . from memory I believe Triumphs solution was to feed the 12 volt to the headlight relays with a tap from the starter relay so the headlight relays would lose power when the starter relay was engaged .

Bixxer Bob

On the Girlies there's a relay that's energised by the starting circuit.  When energised it cuts power to the lights.  I still fitted an early switchblock so I can turn them off manually though.  Helps when doing Tuneboy stuff.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...