News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hydrolic lift ??

Started by Hossboro, December 05, 2010, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossboro

Looking for recomendations for a safe and easy to use hydrolic lift for my 97 Steamer  ON A BUDGET TOO!!

Seen loads on flea bay but as i've never used one before and the Tiger is such a tall bike would like some tips on best lift with stability at a cheap price..

yes i've considered paddock stands and centre stand, but seems like a hydrolic lift my give me the best alround way to get dirty and learning more  :D

North East England
1997 Tiger Volcanic Red

crustycrutch

I picked a full length one up from ebay. It lifts my Pan European with no problems and makes life a whole deal easier! If you can afford one, get one.

Thats my ten cents worth  :D

Mustang

Quote from: "Hossboro"Looking for recomendations for a safe and easy to use hydrolic lift for my 97 Steamer  ON A BUDGET TOO!!

Seen loads on flea bay but as i've never used one before and the Tiger is such a tall bike would like some tips on best lift with stability at a cheap price..

yes i've considered paddock stands and centre stand, but seems like a hydrolic lift my give me the best alround way to get dirty and learning more  :D
there is no such thing that works well on the steamer , you will need to make up blocks of wood that fit the botttom of the sump if you want to use a lift

I prefer this it holds her up rock solid

Colonel Nikolai

I found one of these on craigslist. Picked it up for $70. It works well: the weight of the bike ends up mostly on the sump guard. But I promise you Mustang's way is much more secure. It's fairly easy to rock the bike around in this setup. I've used the tie downs on the handlebars to keep the bike from moving around, but it's still not perfect.

Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Bixxer Bob

I've got the Machine Mart one with removeable rear section - supposedly for wheel changes.  It works well on my little 350 Yam but not on my Girly; to get the centre stand down somewhere in the middle of the lift, the front wheel has to be beyond the front of the lift.  If I was able to set it into the garage floor (which I might do at the next house if the threatened move comes off in the spring) it would be ok but otherwise it's a real faff.  I did persevere once and the lift coped with the weight ok, although it did need strapping down laterally for safety's sake; it's the other points I've already made.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Hossboro

Think it looks like Mustang's method is by far the best, but still need a lift to get it there I guess   :lol:  or do those axle stands you got fit under before lifting ??

North East England
1997 Tiger Volcanic Red

Mustang

they are car jackstands ...... I can get them under the pegs and rear wheel off the ground without a jack and once you get the rear stands in you can tip the bike down on the rear wheel and get two stands under the front of the sump guard to hold the front up .

but see that little red trolley jack in the first photo , that's what I usually use to get tigger up in the air for the stands , easier with two people but I can do it alone .

rybes

definatly get one. makes life so much easier, speshly if ya got a bad back :wink: cant tell ya what one mine is as i got it as a pressie and im 800 mile away from it at present. takes the tiger no probs, jus make sure ya got it central or it can wobble about a bit
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)