News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Water in the tank - where is the other end of the drain???

Started by nanomoog, January 12, 2011, 04:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biglad

I read the Fehling sticky which is brilliant and the lights mod was done already afaik. Just ordered some "fresh" Xenon 50%+ bulbs (big window in that shop lol) to put in as everything is lying open. Think I saw both headlights on when I tested the lights for the first time...better test again...

Thanks for all the heads up stuff!!  :icon_salut
2001 955i Roulette Green

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"It's not clear in my post that the drill bit was used (carefully!!!) after removing the rubber hose from the bottom of the tank because the crud gathers down there for some reason.  And not in a power drill either!!

To be accurate, remove the drain hose from the bottom of the tank (the drain hose is the one you can't blow through  - cos it's blocked aint it?) take a small drill bit - around 2mm - and insert it in the spigot that you''ve just taken the hose from.  Carefully rotate it by hand or with a small pin vice, not a drill!! It'll quickly get through the crud and you'll know when you have because all the trapped water will gush out.  Then you can rod it through with some thin wire (copper wire stripped from a piece of mains cable twin and earth works well) and you're done.  Put it back together though.... :roll:

Down to the garage today to charge Tigger's battery, so i thought i'd check my drain !! #/@/?## its blocked !!! so off with the seats and side panel and start pokin about with a bit of thin wire !! flush it out with water ( dont use WD 40 or the like as it will just make stuff stick    :roll:  ) and put it back together, job done !!  :D

if you've never checked yours, DO IT NOW !! you dont want to find it blocked when your about to fill up with fuel and you've been ridin in a thunderstorm for miles, cos your now brokedown !!  :(

do it now, ya know it makes sense !!  :D

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly