News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2011 UK TIGER MEET-UP

Started by Mustang, August 24, 2010, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Hi mwrmoore, welcome to the forum & the more the merrier, is what I say :!:
You could maybe show us 'foreigners' around the place eh :?:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"Hi mwrmoore, welcome to the forum & the more the merrier, is what I say :!:
You could maybe show us 'foreigners' around the place eh :?:

Yes the more the merrier.
I did create some routes around the area taking in such sights as Stone Henge, Caen Locks, Avebury, Salisbury Plain with some dirt involved if it's dry enough. All on Garmin Mapsource.....if I can find them again.

Seems we're not allowed to attach .gdb Garmin files.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Quote from: "19dajudge"Hey, can you give me directions to there from Texas?  Do I turn right or left at Oklahoma? :?

As Bugs Bunny once said ; "I shoulda toyned left at alberqoykey" (spelt phonetically)

BIG BILL

If dates are right I'm in please.

Outrunner.. can I come down with you??

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

blacktiger

Right. Bad news....ish.
Landlord of the Golden Swan just phoned me back and says they have a booking pencilled in for a group of trail riders for that weekend. Although they have plenty of camping space, he doesn't think their kitchen would be able to cope with two groups eating in the evenings.
So, as it's only a pencilled in booking, he's going to call the other lot and find out if they want to make it a concrete booking.
He said he hopes to know by this weekend and will call me to let me know the result.
We could, of course, promise to eat somewhere lunch times and do the camp cooking thing and just drink lots of their excellent beer in the evenings.
Or we could go for another date.
Anyway, lets wait until he calls back.

CoolHandLuke

I'm happy to cook my own or go elsewhere.  As long as he has no objection to serving beer, I don't care !!

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"...Or we could go for another date.

Offering me a chance to duck out of another fording eh?  :lol:

Seriously,  I can't make any other date around that time, but if it has to change, it has to change...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BIG BILL

I will go anywhere, but I can also offer a pub up here who will cater for a large group with curries and full english. and if he has no room on the grass you can kip on the pub floor, he is that chilled.

He (Jimmy) is also cheap for Bikers.

And I can take you on rides around the Border counties.... Luvly jubbly

Not my pub but a biking friend and we do have some fantastic roads ( not sure about fording though) :(

BIG BILL      Northumberland.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

Bixxer Bob

No fords is ok!!!!

I was up at Seahouses and Bamburgh only last week with my sister,  we were lucky with the weather too - bright and breezy (when is it not ever breezy... :roll: ).

Maybe UK Tiger meet 2012???? :lol:

BTW, if you come down the A1 you'll pass my house.  You could pitch on my lawn overnight if you like then we can go cross country (my commute to work in the old days) to the campsite.  Roughly 220 miles to me then 140 to the meet.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BIG BILL

Bob, that sounds great, I'm up for a free night's camping ( it is free innit :D  )

Is the Golden Swan still on??

Cheers Bob,,,,,           BIG BILL

blacktiger

RIGHT FOLKS!
We're in for the 23rd~24th of July. :hello2  :hello2  :hello2  

The location is http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/
Landlord, Peter, says they can cope with about 30 for evening dinner. Ideally he'd like an idea of numbers closer to the date. I presume for getting supplies in.

Please go to http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0 and show your support.

So spread the word to all the Tiger owners you know and lets all pray for good weather. :XXsunsmile

davenoseyparker

Looks Like you're gonna have my company as well,
Book me in as a def

Knees in the breeze :occasion14
If you spend time waiting for something to happen sadly life has passed you by.

oldbanker2003

Been years since I attended a tiger meet so put me down.
Think it was with with Bigstippey (Jim) Graham, Preston etc round Salisbury Plain and Imber.
Tiger Rides.

I was looking at using this campsite for a trip with my 3 son's this spring but that's on hold due to my broken shoulder small world A!

Steve