News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle Cable Replacement

Started by nanomoog, January 31, 2011, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomoog

Guys,

Just snapped my throttle cable.  :oops:

Any hints, tips etc, before I embark on taking the beast apart?
/CA

Bixxer Bob

It's fairly straight forward.  Whip the tank off (see the 'how to' elsewhere if you've not done it before - it's easy after the first time), undo the screws holding the switchgear together and remove the cable (make a note of where everything goes, it's not complicated but why make it hard for yourself?), unhook the cable at the throttle bodies and remove, making a careful note of the route.  You can rough adjust the new one by comparing the ends with the old one.  Carry out the fine adjustments, check everything moves freely and you're done.  Button her up and go. :wink:

Oh, and use Tune ECU to reset the TPS and clear any fault codes caused by removing the battery.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...