News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High fender MX style on a Steamer

Started by Bob Tosi, January 29, 2011, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

I am going to be getting dirt tires and wanted to put a high fender on the old girl.  Is there a certain fender that works best?  How does the mounting work?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Mustang

The Acerbis Front fender for a CRF450 Honda works great

you need some spacers about 3/4 inch long and a pc of flat aluminum to make a fender mount out of
the bottom of the triple tree should have a pair of tapped holes already that yo can use to mount the aluminum plate to

Bob Tosi

As always Oni Wan Tiger Kanobi,  thx :headbang  :headbang

jwray76

do you have to change the break lines on the Steamer? I know the Girly needs to be converted to dual lines all the way from the MC

Bob Tosi

Don't think so but it sounds like a good idea to check

jwray76

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"Don't think so but it sounds like a good idea to check

The Girly has one brake line from the MC to one of the calipers. then a short line jumps across the top of the stock fender to the other caliper.

Bob Tosi

This is a Steamer with 1 line from the mc to the bottom of the triple clamp where it goes to each caliper.

rf9rider

Quote from: "jwray76"do you have to change the break lines on the Steamer? I know the Girly needs to be converted to dual lines all the way from the MC

No, you can use the original brake lines.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bob Tosi

Hey aeronca have we talked before? I recognize your avatar.  Steamers rule!

Rocinante

You can use a fender from a KTM LC4 and customize a bracket for it. No need to move brake hoses.
Pictures:
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7023
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

aeronca

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"Hey aeronca have we talked before? I recognize your avatar.  Steamers rule!

hey bob, im sure we may have talked at some point or another. i have made fender brackets for several other members of this forum in the UK, USA, Canada, and Singapor. it will fit an acerbic's tech fender. i'll send you a pm.    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Colonel Nikolai

In the US you can get the Acerbis here:

http://tinyurl.com/67b4otv
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Bob Tosi

thanks Colonel.  What ever happened to your dipstick cover?

fishnbiker

hey bob, im sure we may have talked at some point or another. i have made fender brackets for several other members of this forum in the UK, USA, Canada, and Singapor. it will fit an acerbic's tech fender. i'll send you a pm.    eric[/quote]

Aeronca sent one to me, but I used it differently than suggested. I found a fender brace That I mounted the fender on top of. I used Aeronca's bracket as a tie down through the fender to the brace. The rear end has a mudflap made from an old truck tire liner. I also used the Tiger fender as a template to trace out & cut down the front of the high fender to make it appear more like the original.

Thanks Aeronca. It's wonderfull working with such a fine group of contributors.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE