News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

wanted set of engine crash bars for a 900 carb tiger

Started by chocksawaycharlie, January 30, 2011, 05:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocksawaycharlie

wanted a  set of engine crash bars to fit a1998 carb 900 tiger ,    :D

D-Fuzz

Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

D-Fuzz

That is just the site I was looking for.  Does anyone know if they generally stock items for the Steamers?  I have found with NA suppliers, they tend to list stuff but have no stock.  I am looking for engine guards and pannier racks, maybe a Bagster tank cover.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"That is just the site I was looking for.  Does anyone know if they generally stock items for the Steamers?  I have found with NA suppliers, they tend to list stuff but have no stock.  I am looking for engine guards and pannier racks, maybe a Bagster tank cover.
I ordered my luggage racks from them and they had to order them in.

FYI: Ordered on 16th Dec 2009 and dispatched 20th Jan 2010.

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

D-Fuzz

The Thunderbike bars keep getting more expensive everytime I look at their site.  I think they have gone up about $80US since the fall.

I contacted Jack Lilley but they quoted me something ridiculous for shipping to Canada, so they quickly became out of reach.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Colonel Nikolai

The Thunderbike bars are the best, IMHO. But they are expensive as hell and are really hard to mount correctly. They ship just fine from NZ to my door midcontinent USA.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

CoolHandLuke

I am really unsure about the Thunderbike bars.  I believe it wouldn't take much of a slide down the road, for the bars to snag on something, resulting in a sheared engine bolt or damage to the engine casing.

I think that some of the earlier models, mine included, are missing a hole in the side of the engine casing to mount these on the right hand side.

I am sure you will let me know if I am wrong on both counts  :D

KuzzinKenny

I take it you've tried the breakers yards ??

http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/

and fleebay   :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

D-Fuzz

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"In the UK:

http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/hepcobecker-black-engine-bars-for-triumph-tiger-upto-98-angebe-p-11998.html

I contacted these guys and they are only able to supply a centrestand for the Steamer (which I already have).
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"I am really unsure about the Thunderbike bars.  I believe it wouldn't take much of a slide down the road, for the bars to snag on something, resulting in a sheared engine bolt or damage to the engine casing.

I think that some of the earlier models, mine included, are missing a hole in the side of the engine casing to mount these on the right hand side.

Can't do that as I've never downed the bike. But I heard the thunderbike people developed these bars for their motorcycle rental business. They were tired of replacing the same covers over and over so they made these. Since the design came out of real world issues my sense is that what you describe would be the exact opposite of what they would want to have happen. All completely anectdotal, of course.

NeilD

or in the UK try Motobins for the Hepco and bekker stuff.. again unlikely to hold them in stock, but worth a try..

http://www.motobins.co.uk/displayfinal. ... iger&go=GO

Mustang

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"I am really unsure about the Thunderbike bars.  I believe it wouldn't take much of a slide down the road, for the bars to snag on something, resulting in a sheared engine bolt or damage to the engine casing.

they work better than any crash bars available , period.
they are stout and will take a good 50-60mph slide down the road with minimal damage ,to none to m/c and the bars themselves will take the tarmac scraping very well.

Ask Abruzzi how they work with an impact against another vehicle.

Here's a pic of his bike after it got hit by an F150 Ford , the TT bars saved his leg , they are toasted but did their job .

Colonel Nikolai

Wow that picture is messed up.