News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet 2011 Poll

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 30, 2011, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Was a blast...thanks to all involved in setting it up.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

BONANZA

What a great weekend :D . Hope everyone got home safely, especially Tappets? after his "incident" :shock:  Nice to meet some new faces and catch up with some old ones.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

tappets

Enjoyed myself dispite my spills & thrills, looking forward to see you all soon.

metalguru

Thank you very much for making my first outing with you a barrel of fun and a very warm welcome. Well done for all involved in all the planning, nice to meet like minded loonies!! See ya all again? :wings
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Loops

First off a huge thanks to the organiser what an excellent site and pub.  Landlord very friendly too.  Arranged good weather too.

Great to start putting faces to names too.

I turned up late so missed the group ride but headed off to explore on my own.  Avebury Ring, Woodhenge, some canal locks etc - it's a brilliant area to explore.  Some of the road across Salisbury plain were designed for Tigers to hurtle across.  So I did.

After a couple of hours I went back to the pub and chewed the fat with Steve(blue steamer) and Simon(BMW).  Nice guys.

Once Anne tuned up with house on wheels we took Honey the hound off for a walk alone the Kennet and Avon Canal.  Whatever you say about bringing a camper at least we were warm in there and coffee was on tap.

As has been poined out where were all the 1050 AND all the other 885efi s ???- I was the only one.  Shame on you all.

Look forward to the next meet

Take care out there

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

BruKen

Dit was mos baie lekker kerels. Dankie alles. Too bad I missed the ride out, but was consoled by a near perfect ride home through Wales. Bloody marvelous!

PeteH

Quote from: "Loops"As has been poined out where were all the 1050 AND all the other 885efi s ???- I was the only one.  Shame on you all.

Good to see you all had a great weekend...I would have loved to come along but we had a group ride arranged today to the Elan Valley so had to support it, hopefully next year :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Thanks all, sorry I had to leave early, but work pays for the bike, nice route and well done to everyone for riding well/courteously, quite refreshing.
2016 Tiger Sport

CoolHandLuke

A fantastic weekend.  It was good to see those people from last years event as well as meeting a few new faces this year.  And, as someone has said, it is good to make a faceless name on a forum more "human" by meeting the person on the other end of the wire.

Thanks to Robbie for the bacon and egg, that was great first thing Saturday.

Thanks to blackTiger for turning my Fig Rolls and apples (that were sat in my top box) into mush along the "It gets better from here" off road route we took.

The actual route we took and the time can be seen here:
http://maps.google.com/?q=http:%2F%2Fshare.gps.motionxlive.com%2Fshr%2Fx%2Fkmz%2Fd720dd81aedfef5c94d5c3703243237d&ll=51.208604,-1.985779&spn=0.567831,1.222229&t=h&z=11

GPX file can be found here:
Tigger Meet 2011.gpx

And a Google Earth file can be found here:
Tigger Meet 2011.kmz

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "nickcalne"Was a blast...thanks to all involved in setting it up.

+1 on that comment & all respect to you guys  :notworthy

Really enjoyed the weekend & the chance to meet you all. I especially enjoyed the trail riding :thumbsup

(Hope all the guys that had get offs, don't have to spend too much on repairs :!: )

Thought I'd post the Winterboune Dauntsey vids (some pics to follow soon)

(Moderator, please feel free to move as appropriate!  :icon_salut )

Can't wait until the next one :eusa_dance

Vids:- &

Enjoy :lol:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

6am camping. Good job you can't get sound photos. God, the snoring!!

The Saturday ride group....

The line up at Win Green....

Winterbourne Dauntsey fording from the entry....
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

Few more pics

What a lot of ........locks.

And we ad real butter for tea! (Said in a geordie accent)

Blocking the streets of Shaftebury

Sorry no Tiger Bread!!

Those orange ones certainly stand out :wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Who's whom ...

Help me fill in the blanks, and sorry if I have forgotten your name / forum name already.

1 Nickcalne
7 Timbox2
8 Blacktiger
14 Coolhandluke
20 Coolhandluke's steamer
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"Who's whom ...

Help me fill in the blanks, and sorry if I have forgotten your name / forum name already.

1 Nickcalne
2 Robbie
3 Chris-ilm
4 metalguru
5 NKL
6 Tappets
7 Timbox2
8 Blacktiger
9 Mat-tiger1
10 Barney
11 Bonanza
12 akendall1966