News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

just got my first tiger

Started by mack53, January 31, 2011, 01:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack53

thanks nielD,i will give them a ring tomorrow,fingers crossed.

mack53

hi all well it looks like tigs will run again, thank you neilD got a crank and set of con rods from the guys at sportsbike spares,they have just split two tiger engines so more parts are available,progress is a bit slow on the tigs but should speed up soon,i have read both rybes and bruken's threads and if my old girl turns out half as good as theirs i will be pleased, stunning build guys,i will also be doing mustangs wheel convertion and yes mustang i will be putting a new chain and sprockets on tigs,one thing i'm not sure on is the clutch it has been sitting in water contaminated oil for at least 4 years it looks ok plenty of material left but im not sure how well the bonding will hold up to the water,i used to work on automatic gearboxes and if they got water in the tranmision fluid they would fall apart so a bit worried as to how well these will hold up, if i can get through this summer with them that would be great :D

Mustang

clutch plates are cheap check ebay.............

rybes

thanks mack. makes it worth while when ya get comments like that  :D  jus take ya time and think it throo and itll be as good as you want it too be  :wink:
as for your clutch, cheapest place i found sellin them was here   http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/worksho ... -105-c.asp    worth gettin a new spring kit too.

good luck wuith your build and any help you need im sure one of us here will knopw the answer. probly mustang  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

NeilD

Quote from: "mack53"hi all well it looks like tigs will run again, thank you neilD got a crank and set of con rods from the guys at sportsbike spares,

:thumbsup I've only used him the once, but seemed a decent bloke..