News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sprockets

Started by kelpie_67, February 16, 2011, 03:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelpie_67

anyone know if the 885 and the 955 share the same size front and rear sprockets - I know that the chains are different 116links for the 885 and two less for the 955 but are the sprockets the same size?
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

Mustang

no .

the front is the same at 18 tooth but the rear is a 46 tooth for 955
885i is 48 tooth rear

jwray76

Quote from: "Mustang"no .

the front is the same at 18 tooth but the rear is a 46 tooth for 955
885i is 48 tooth rear

And I can confirm that the 48 works nicely on the Girlies. Can't remember what number of chain links I went with but if someone is interested I can count them up.

Chris Canning

Actually give's you some idea of the difference in power between the two engines,when I had an 885i I ran it with a 19t front sprocket just to give the engine some relief at high speed,but it was never really able to respond well,my 955 pulls a 19 front with two teeth less on the back all the way to the redline,fully kitted and two up.