News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bit of nostalgia maybe

Started by Timbox2, February 19, 2011, 12:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

I was going down memory lane looking at a site dedicated to Gus Kuhn Motors which was one of my local bike shops in the 70's/80's and came across this link to an interesting little short film, it wont be to everyones taste, but for me there is something about it, oh and Joe Strummer did the music, bargain. Its 10mins but for me far too short.

2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Aahhh, the thud thud thud of a Gus Kuhn Commando.  As a boy, turned me from bike-curious to a life long biker. ( sniffs, wipes away a tear of reflection, slowly exits stage right...)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

CoolHandLuke

London hasn't changed much.  It's still like that trying to get in there on a morning.

Chris Canning

Blimey Tim,thats was just great  :D

daveb

I remember when I was growing up, there used to be a motorcycle shop in my local village of Goresinon near Swansea. Think it was Gordon Pantall's Kawasaki, it must be about 30 years ago.

Spud

Bugger I'm getting old, what a great film. Used to have to start my older brothers bikes for them. A great film cheers Spud  :wink:

Timbox2

Glad you all liked it, knowing Chris, I had a sneaky feeling you would approve mate.

I actually worked opposite Gus Kuhns for about 3 years and most lunch times I would be over there, drooling. Unfortuneately my meagre wages tended to end up over the counter of Elite Motors Tooting ( My First ped a Gilera 50) or Hamiltons of Streatham ( a clapped out Starfire).
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I used to drool over a Gus Kuhn Commando outside Ken's Motorcycles on Westgate Road in Newcastle, which is where all the bikers in the North used to congregate on a Saturday.  In those days there was a set of traffic lights at the bottom of the hill.  If you had a bike that was up to it (Suzuki 250cc Hustler was considered the minimum) you could join in a game of chicken.  You set off from Ken's when the lights went green and tried to get through before they turned red again.  It was a bit tight, but do-able.  Looking back and bearing in mind the stopping power of drum brakes, the consequences of not making it don't bear thinking about. :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Funny you should mention Suzuki Hustler,only had a conversation yesterday about the first trip I ever did on a bike was Birmingham to Ifracombe,me on my new CB250 and my mate on his even newer Hustler with 6 gears  :shock: ,we both thought we were Marco Polo going all that way  :oops: ,pissed down with rain first night,flattened the tent and we were home the following evening :D ,must have been all of 17 :roll:

I soon smoked him(literally!!) when I bought my 350 YR3  :D

Bixxer Bob

My mates all had Hustlers, I had a YDS6.  Wanted a YR5 but couldn't afford it then, finally got onel 4 yrs ago.  Now a good used model lives in my shed and goes for runs to the pub when it's fine.

she earns her keep too as I also show her occasionally; she gets me free entry to places like the International Air Tattoo at Fairford which would otherwise be £200 for the weekend.

NeilD

Quote from: "Timbox2"and Joe Strummer did the music,

and stars eddie 'tenpole tudor' tudor-pole  :D