News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger comes home

Started by chairhead, February 22, 2011, 09:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Is it a Tiger ECU CH?
No,
its a speed triple,which will be remapped :roll: ....dont tell me it wont work :oops:,i thought any of the 955i's ECU's would work.......no?
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

No, it can be remapped no problem, just wasn't sure how you were going to do it, are yoou about to get into TuneECU or are you going to the stealer?

Stealer will most likely only have the latest map (which seems to be working out pretty well on mine so far so should be a good bet for you).  I have 3 or 4 older versions plus my own.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Can hardly call my local dealer a stealer now can i :lol:
after all they are lending me the Actia to do it myself :D ,
so i shall be saving a few pennys and gaining a bit of knowledge....i hope

i do have my reservations on how well its going to turn out though,
i hope very much that it will be the same as it was because i loved the way the bike was set up,to try and recreate that might be a little tricky
or is it me being daft? :lol:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

John Stenhouse

That was why I said go with the rebuild route, not only do you get a unit you know the history of they can extract the tune data and reload it.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Once you blow in the Tiger tune (the latest 10173 seems pretty good but does pop a bit on overrun) don't be dissapointed if it's not good straight away.  As it's a full tune rather than a re-map you'll need to give it a good few miles for the trims to adjust and settle down.  And make sure your battery is fully charged before you start  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

So my second hand parts came during the week,ECU and loom,and
today i got chance to look at them closely,the ECU is in great shape,alot cleaner than mine but the loom had three fittings missing and a couple were broke :| ,i was going to change the loom but thats now out of the question,instead i cut the block connector off for number 1 port on the ECU,
then a lot of soldering and heatshrinking ensued,the majority of it straight forward,i did notice however three black/green wires so i left those until last,they are for

fuel level sensor
fuel warning light
fuel gauge
i will suss those out tommorow.

with all the soldering done for today my curiosity turned to my old ECU,
i took it off and turned it over,it was very dirty and going rusty,i knew i wasnt going to use it again and peeled the back off,and im glad i did,
what i found makes me happy and 95% sure why it went tits up
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Not surprised CH.  I sealed up all the ways in for water / crud that I could find after seeing the state of the back of mine, though thankfully not as bad as yours.  Funny thing is, that circuit board should be completely encased in resin not open like that  :shock:

So you should be good to go tomorrow  :wink:

Timbox2

Yep, and Ive just lifted mine to have a look, also not as bad but the corrosion has started on the back plate, loads of ACF50 then sealed up those rediculous holes, I mean what are they for for christ sake :?
2016 Tiger Sport

chairhead

Joy of joy's,
it lives :D !!!!,finished wiring up the bike today and its a runner,
on the down side number 3 coil is Fubar,
still waiting on some coils to come from the states,once i have them the bike can go back together and a Tiger tune put in,i can see the light at the end of the tunnel :lol:

What i cant see is all the holes in the rear mudguard!,
they now have all been plugged,like you say Timbox2,WTF!
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel