News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ORTLIEB Waterproof Bags ?

Started by jphish, March 03, 2011, 03:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Anyone tried these on a Girly ??  Theoretically they work great - But I'd welcome some actual experience to guide me. Figure at a minimum, I'd have to fashion some kind of bracket to keep it off muffler. (10 cm at least) Have stock hard cases - but don't like using them on the long muddy dirt trips - need the "sleeping tiger"contact points to be more pliable. ( :   Thanks for any help / suggestions. j

Timbox2

Ive used Ortlieb Dry Sacks and Rack Packs for years, but I guess you are talking about the throw over panniers? I dunno about them but all I can say is their quality is the highest
2016 Tiger Sport

Spud

Quote from: "jphish"Anyone tried these on a Girly ??  Theoretically they work great - But I'd welcome some actual experience to guide me. Figure at a minimum, I'd have to fashion some kind of bracket to keep it off muffler. (10 cm at least) Have stock hard cases - but don't like using them on the long muddy dirt trips - need the "sleeping tiger"contact points to be more pliable. ( :   Thanks for any help / suggestions. j

Yes used a bag up in Scotland last September, 10 days of rain kit bone dry, find anywhere selling them at a good price let me know. cheers Spud  :wink:

ourade

Strong, tough and waterproof, i have used mine strapped across the back seat of my Girly with and without panniers.
Cheers Ade.

Bixxer Bob

Agree with all the above, and although this isn't going to help JPHISH, the cheapest source I've found in UK for dry bags is Aldi's when they have them on special.  'Cept they're usually bright yellow  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

jphish

Thanks for the responses mates. Yes - these are the velcro strap connected saddlebags. $187.00 US, here across the pond - bought from Aerostich. Think I'll just have to toss 'em on & see what modifications need to be made to avoid a melted nylon coated muffler. would probably look just like carbon fiber - but smell different. TTFN, j