News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TKC mileage

Started by jphish, March 04, 2011, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbxtc6

Yes, I carried them up there.  People thought I was nuts until I got to the Yukon, then they were all like "oh, you're smart, you brought your own tires!"   :D

Trip RR:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441985

D-Fuzz

Lots of people ship their tires up to the Honda dealer in Whitehorse, but I thought it was decent insurance to haul my own tires, in case I tore the side out of a tire along the way.  It was a bit of a hassle to carry them, but it was worth it.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

jphish

dfuzz & cbx - Thanks, good council. May look like Beverly Hillbilly's... but the only way to ensure you really have the 'bumpy rubber' when you need it. Whenever that is. cbxtc6 - Couldnt help but notice the prominent "Chicken / 8 ball" emblem on blue tiger. Mine's a bit more diminutive & on back fender - usually dirt encrusted, like licence plate. (66-70, 9th MAB, 68-69) Semper Fi.

jphish

OH yeah - PS: Really enjoyed your ADV RR. Your caspian blue tiger really stands out among all the BMRs. We do have "odd" looking machines - but they posses their own brand of beauty. Stalwart adventurers they are.