News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Garage Workshop Days

Started by BruKen, March 13, 2011, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

I have noticed that a few people (particularly steamer section) have mentioned that they are not particularly mechanical and was wondering if there was any mileage in creating regional " garage workshop" days where members can help and tutor one another in a co-operative effort. I am a firm believer that armed with the right knowledge and tools, you will know your bike better than a mechanic on a timesheet and put more love and attention in, doing as good if not better job.  I am willing to host one for Northwest England and anyone else wanting to travel to Lymm, Cheshire. I am only really familiar with steamers but some tasks continue to be similar and hopefully if enough experienced members are willing to do the same we could cover all models.

This is an open offer to one offs, but  I hope catches on as a regular show. BBQ and beverages and fat to chew inclusive :D and as my property is big enough if you crash and burn during the BBQ there is crash space.

daveb

I know this works well with the guys on the Yamaha TDM owners site, they arrange a get together for a day of fettling.

the link is a search of the owners site, it goes back to 2009

http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php? ... 2Bfettling

Bixxer Bob

Good idea Ken,  I'm just about to move house (well, in the next couple of months anyway) but once that's done, I'd be happy to do similar for Girlies in  the East.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Can I sign up for BBs Tune and how to do it course please.

Great Idea by the way, happy to host one but I'm not a mechanic.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Putts255

Hope you all go through with this, it is an excellent idea and I wish there were more Triumph owners here that would be willing to do this.

I will just need to rely on your experience and help through this site.  

Thanks to all who man this site and to all those who contribute.  Appreciate it more than you know!!!
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black