News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GPS

Started by Spud, March 15, 2011, 09:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "outrunner"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I've recently loaded a database from CAMRA listing all the real beer pubs  :lol:

So, we will be able to find the pub a bit quicker this year then?  :wink:  :D

Andy.

I made sure the pub was right next door. :thumbsup  And yes, it's in the good beer guide. :thumbsup  :thumbsup
Still, we can use John's new gadget to navigate the 100 yards across the field.   :icon_scratch
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "LTB"I use a map. You know the paper one  :)

A map gives so much instant info.

I tell you. You people that refuse to even consider a GPS are deluding yourself.

Having to cross central London with a fully loaded sprinter were time is money I wouldn't be without my GPS,god knows how folk survived before,but on a bike on holiday I don't think so,oddly enough it's the clangers that i've dropped over the years that we remember  :D ,it's part of the holiday.

abruzzi

The #1 reason I use a GPS (and a good enough map would do to)  is when I see some tiny little road that veers off of my planned drive, the GPS makes it easy to see whether that road will go somewhere or just end up deadending in a few miles.

A good enough map can do the same things, but it would have to be a very closeup map to handle the kind of roads I'm talking about.

I actually hate GPS auto routing, and never use it.  I will use it for holding a planned route.

I would also say that in the American southwest, a GPS is something of a "stay alive" necessity.

Geof