News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Running really rich

Started by Sasquatch, March 14, 2011, 04:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

OBD2 cable does'nt like tuneboy.
Need Tuneboy cable AAARRRGG!!
Spot on BB the baro pipe can give that problem (been there) or plug into Tune ECU see what sensors are reading.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

NKL

My baro pipe was disconected at the ECU for ages (from when I bought it) until I noticed, connected it and noticed no difference whats so ever.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Over the last 10 yrs, the baro range for the UK has been roughly 90mb around a mean pressure of about 1010mb.

That equates to less than 10% variation.  Add in effects of a blocked air filter vs a clean one and you'll hit about 10%

10% more oxygen means 1.4%  more fuel so over a tankful slightly more than 1/2 a mile per gallon variation ie instead of 45 mpg which is roughly what I get, it's be 44.37 mpg.  You won't notice that.... but it means a lot to your engine.  But where it really comes into it's own is overseas where pressure varys greatly with altitude.  No need for re-jetting!!

With the baro disconnected, you might just notice, on a cold damp day, that it runs a bit smoother and pulls a bit harder. That''s the extra oxygen and moisture in the air giving it a boost.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

Yes, I've connected it for my trip over the alps this year
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100