News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TPS readings?? Keihin or carb conversion 955 Sagem

Started by metalguru, March 14, 2011, 04:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

the keihin injection does look compact but just comparison measurements are needed. You are nearly there with a 1050 engine swap and if perhaps the donor bike was cheap enough it could be worth while.

Yes I did have a steamer and very happy I was with it as the weather protection is better and once set up would not need tinkering with untill service time, i went to the 855 as a 'progression' but that got written off so here i am with a 955. I wouldn't say I was a perfectionist, just get wound up when it won't do what an engine should!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

metalguru

Quote from: "Hassan"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"TPS readings are ok, does it read 74-78% on full throttle?

Is fuel consumption ok on a standard map?

Hassan has poor fuel consumption and he thinks he has overfuelling due to fuel rail pressure being too high - his fuel pressure sensor is not working.

The Fuel Pump Regulator...

Ordered a new pressure regulator and will take about a week to arrive at the stealers. will post the results when it's fitted.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

iansoady

It's interesting that I'd never heard about a problem with the FPR until recently - now they seem to be all over the place.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

I said over on Hassan's thread that I'm not sure that's what's wrong with his - he has some pretty fundametal problems to fix first before he goes spending more money.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Going on what has happened to hassan and the wealth of knowledge on here it seemed the logical way forward as even setting the IACV to -10 and LTF tro 4.5 the idle was high and the idle trim went off the scale at minus, it was still rich and lumpy. I managed to rig up a test guage and the fuel pressure is high, perhaps it is a shelf life thing or they get confused with performing maps!
Will get there in the end.
Still investigating the carb thing...just pressed for spare time at the moment.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Bixxer Bob

It's good that you've proved the fuel pressure is high,  :icon_salut if replacing the regulator sorts that ,you'll have validated changing the regulator as a fix, which on-one (as far as I can remember) has done so far.

Once you've got a result, a summary of symptoms and the eventual cure would be helpful   :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"It's good that you've proved the fuel pressure is high,  :icon_salut if replacing the regulator sorts that ,you'll have validated changing the regulator as a fix, which on-one (as far as I can remember) has done so far.

Once you've got a result, a summary of symptoms and the eventual cure would be helpful   :wink:

Replaced regulator and validated the change as effective.
Also see What are your tuneECU settings for full run down.

Next to start plans for carb conversion kit.
Anyone got some 42mm flatslide Mikunis they don't want?   :hello2
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers