News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Brake Pad Change on 2003 Girly

Started by oradbaforpsoft, March 02, 2011, 03:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradbaforpsoft

I was able to replace the pads without removing the calipers from the disk, but dropped the pad 'anti-rattle' pad spring. Can someone post a pic of how it is supposed to fit back in the calipers?  I have both the Triumph and The Haynes manual, but must be mentally challenged somehow, because I can't see how it is supposed to fit back in there :)
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

Timbox2

Easiest option for you is to look  at a front caliper, on your bike they are the same setup.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Caliper off,pin out,turn caliper upside down,take pads out,drop anti rattle in,pads in,pin in,drop caliper on disc,put bolts back in.

oradbaforpsoft

Thanks all - Managed to figure it out eventually - did not need to remove calipers. all seems good - will know for sure when I complete the valve adjustment, and a bunch of other maintenance
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

Timbox2

Quote from: "oradbaforpsoft"Thanks all - Managed to figure it out eventually - did not need to remove calipers. all seems good - will know for sure when I complete the valve adjustment, and a bunch of other maintenance

Jeez, out of the frying pan then............ :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Just had a look at the rear pads on my 06 model, bugger me they are down to the metal again, all this with in 5200 miles. (Actual 5193)

No bike tomorrow as its too late to get to the shop

The original set got changed at 4200 mile just after I bought the bike.

Chris Canning

Either you like a lot of back brake,or there's something well amiss,my rears are half worn,thats the second set in 30,000 miles,but I do keep the calipers clean,I'd say on average I have the pads out and clean eveything at least 3 times a year.

Timbox2

And funnily enough after having sorted the fronts, I too turned my attention to the rears today, pads are fine after about 7k, but the pistons and sliders were another matter, all sorted now though :D
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

well, they were full of crud, nice and free now, I also just checked the fronts, well 1 front, the pin needed work pistons needed a good clean, so I ran out of time, other front tomorrow.

Think Powys put a lot of road salt down this year  :(

Timbox2

Quote from: "daveb"Think Powys put a lot of road salt down this year  :(

And probably like Gwent not when it was really needed :evil:
2016 Tiger Sport