News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

safe weight to carry ?

Started by rybes, March 16, 2011, 10:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

mornin all  :D  ive a question bout loadin up the tiger to go tourin. once upon a time weight wasnt an issue as it was only ever me n maybe a small rucksack to carry bits it. now i have someone whos adamant were goin tourin throo europe ive a question regardin weights that are safe to carry. i seem to remember seein on the bike i can carry 200 kg ? thing is, im 105 kg with my gear on my girlfriends 90 with gear on. that done leave much room for luggage weight does it. i got hypro uprated sprngs front n rear so can i hold more weight ? im also guessin with that much weight on the bikei need to make sure the rear suspension is not too soft to make the front end light.

any tips blokes ?

cheers  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "rybes"i got hypro uprated sprngs front n rear so can i hold more weight ? im also guessin with that much weight on the bikei need to make sure the rear suspension is not too soft to make the front end light.

any tips blokes ?

cheers  8)
exactly .......the front gets really light on a steamer when it's loaded down . crank a little xtra preload on it and maybe another click or two on the dampening (TBH though I don't )

try to keep the weight distributed evenly and teach the S.O. to pack light . It only took me 20 years to get Mrs. M to do that  :ImaPoser but she rides her own ride anyway ,

Have fun the things a fookin tank it can handle it  :D