News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger clocks problem on '05 model Girly

Started by Mrian125, March 19, 2011, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrian125

Hi, I just bought an '05 Tiger and I've got to say it is probably the best bike I've ever owned. The only slight niggles are the clocks.

It has a digital clock for the time which lights up at night but doesn't display any digits. Also the trip resets each time the ignition is turned off. Is this normal or is it linked to the problem with the clock?

Any help would be great guys, ta for reading   :D

NKL

it sounds as though its lost its permanent live feed, I will have a look at a wiring diagram.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

NKL

Could be the accesories fuse, does your accesories socket work?
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

outrunner

My 06 did that once and it was the accesories fuse.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

ua99003

Same thing happened on my 06 ...... check fuse

Mrian125

Thanks for the replies, I'll check the fuse and let you know how I get on.

This help is really appreciated :)

Mrian125

Hey, just checked the fuses and they are all fine. I've replaced the #3 fuse anyway as I'm pretty sure that's the accessories fuse but still no luck.

Any more ideas?

Bixxer Bob

Only checked wiring diagram not bike, but fuse 5 is accessories I think.

Fuses sometimes look ok but won't carry a load.  Instead of a multimeter, use a 12v bulb and a bit of wire from the loom side of the fuse to the battery negative terminal.  If it's not the fuse trace where the main loom connector is behind the headlight cowl and check you have 12v getting to the purple wire, pin 8.  It changes to red/grey band after the connector. Once in there behind the cowl you should be able to work out what's going on.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...