News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Torx Size Query

Started by Timbox2, March 23, 2011, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

In preparation for the Wilbers arriving next week I just want to check I have all the tools.

The top mounting bolt looks pretty inaccesible at the moment so until I strip off the panels I cant really check the size. It looks about the same size as the engine mount bolts which I know are Tx55 and I have. Can anybody confirm this, thanks chaps.
2016 Tiger Sport

chairhead

Its either Tx50 or 55,
check out the Girly wisdom/how to sticky threads Timbox,there's plenty of good info about the task you will be performing,
for me taking the swing arm out was the best option,this way you dont have to remove the silencer to get to the lower pivot fastener,and at the same time check your swingarm bearings as well as giving the swingarm a good clean,good luck.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

Tim

All you doing with the torque is holding the bolt,I used a torque socket with a  knuckel and extension,but all you are doing is holding it in situ while you undo/tighten up the nut the other side.

I'll phone you.

Timbox2

Quote from: "chairhead"Its either Tx50 or 55,
check out the Girly wisdom/how to sticky threads Timbox,there's plenty of good info about the task you will be performing,
for me taking the swing arm out was the best option,this way you dont have to remove the silencer to get to the lower pivot fastener,and at the same time check your swingarm bearings as well as giving the swingarm a good clean,good luck.

Mines the later swingarm, Ive already had the bottom mount off to grease the bearing, didnt have to touch the exhaust.
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Tim

All you doing with the torque is holding the bolt,I used a torque socket with a  knuckel and extension,but all you are doing is holding it in situ while you undo/tighten up the nut the other side.

I'll phone you.

Ok, cheers Chris.
2016 Tiger Sport

NKL

Just had mine out as part of my service, its a 55
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100