News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bleeding front brakes on a 98 Steamer

Started by Bob Tosi, March 20, 2011, 05:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"
Quote from: "abruzzi"Another useful thing--BMW makes DOT4 brake fluid in two different colors.  Buy a jar of each, and every time you flush the brakes, switch colors, that way you know you have pushed everything through.

Geof
Now that's a good idea.  How much do BMW charge for this though? :)

http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/ate-typ ... B-BRAKE-FL

$14.95 per liter.

Geof

CoolHandLuke

Ta.

QuotePlease note that the blue dye (in the Super Blue Racing fluid) will permanently stain the brake fluid reservoir after extended use.

That doesn't sound good :(

rybes

as long as you have a metal cylinder shouldnt be a prob. only ones itll change the colour of are plastic ones and on steamers their hidden away  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "rybes"as long as you have a metal cylinder shouldnt be a prob. only ones itll change the colour of are plastic ones and on steamers their hidden away  :wink:
Ahh, that's not so bad.  What about the sight glass?

abruzzi

It doesn't damage anything, and it doesn't stain it opaque.  If you run nothing but the blue for a long time, the plastic will acquire a light blue tint.  I haven't noticed it on the sight glass.  It really is more of an aesthetic issue for anal-retentive M5 owners.

Geof

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "abruzzi"It doesn't damage anything, and it doesn't stain it opaque.  If you run nothing but the blue for a long time, the plastic will acquire a light blue tint.  I haven't noticed it on the sight glass.  It really is more of an aesthetic issue for anal-retentive M5 owners.

Geof
Sweet.  All I need to know.  I'll add that to my shopping list for the next fluid change :)