News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Time for a new battery!

Started by mat-tiger1, April 18, 2011, 12:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

After 6 yrs from new, the time has come for a replacement battery.

(Not bad eh :?:  but lesson learnt, an Optimate is next on the list  :idea:  )

Sooo many makes to choose from :!:

Yuasa, Newmax, Dynavolt, Guyue, to name but a few :!:

I've found a good price on Flea bay for an OEM equivalent. Although, no brand name advertized :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Any experiences with this vendor, or any other suggestions guys :?:

Got to get my baby back on the road :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I'm using Dynavolt on both my bikes and don't have any issues with them, but Chris Canning is the expert.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Expert!!! that'll be the day :roll: ,I called time on original after after 7years  :shock:  and it was still going strong,put a Varta YTX14BS on,now the reasons are two fold,I have access to e'm via the trade and they are cheap and cheerfull,and would you beleave if there is any warranty problems(very rare) they change e'm at the drop of a hat.

There's is a separate thread on here about me jamming an Odyssey 535 on my Tiger,as much to do with me doing a group buy for a BMW lot,and I've had a test battery for a while and put that on,but it's certainley not for the faint hearted,but boy does it spin the engine up  :D

If your in Stafford,I can arrange for a battery(Varta) to be on a stand at the show this weekend,I'm only there friday morning setting up,we have visitors from Spain and my dear mother has fallen over and decided to break her back at the same time  :( ,so it's all a little hectic at the mo.

mat-tiger1

Thanks for the feedback Bob & thanks for the feedback & kind offer Chris, but for the 1st time in ages, i'm going to miss the Stafford show :cry: as i'm away with friends :D
I think i'll give this guy on ebay a try & i'll let you know what turns up :!: (Worth a go for the money :wink:)
P.S. Chris, hope your Mom gets well soon :!:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Chris Canning

Well I checked on a Varta for you batteries prices have gone up and their no were near as cheap as that on e-bay,and I'm talking trade not retail,it's a bargain.

mat-tiger1

Hi Guys, FYI, featured battery on Flebay ordered today :!:
Turned out to be a Dynavolt afterwards :D
Delivery within 4 days :roll:
Roll on the weekend  :eusa_dance

mat-tiger1

Hi all, thanks for all the help, I thought i'd update you:-

The replacement battery was received within 2 days & was a Dynavolt as suspected.
It came supplied with acid packs to fill her up, but once that was done, we were away :!:

I can thoroughly recommend this ebayer for their prompt delivery & a good value for money product :!:

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Member/F/ViewItem ... 02&emvcc=0

Tiger's purring once again & ready for a ride out or two.

Now, bring on some nice weather Lol... :lol:

(Hyperlink edited)

slidemeister

For owners who live in the U.S., I found this maintainance-free sealed battery on sale for $33.64 plus shipping.

Looks like a terrific price to me.

**** :spam4 link removed *******
Slidemeister  

\'05 Tiger
\'97 R1100RT
\'89 Moto Guzzi Mille GT

DaFool

Quote from: "slidemeister"For owners who live in the U.S., I found this maintainance-free sealed battery on sale for $33.64 plus shipping.

Looks like a terrific price to me.

Anyone tried one of these??

LTB

A bit OT...
I'm using a CTEK charger. It's the best charger you can buy and they are from Sweden :-)
They are actually OEM accessories for Rolls-Royce and Ferrari and those guys have some strict demands.

http://www.ctek.com/EN-GB/home/default.aspx
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"