News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

why no 10W-50 ??

Started by Marc, March 20, 2011, 07:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "topher0268"... yeah but ...

No one EVER did recommend which oil to use on my popcorn  :lol:

WD-40.

Geof

ahhh the liquid equivalent of duct tape ...
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

zombie2

Quote from: "Mustang"I think it's almost time to lump all of the oil threads together in 1 spot  :roll:

Then that'll be the end of the interent cos it'll be full up :XXcomputer

Timbox2

As Arnie says "Oil be back", sorry thats poor :oops:
2016 Tiger Sport

Marc

QuoteWhy not just use what Triumph recommend?

when I use 10W-40 semi synthetic in my bmw K1, I have a considerable consumption.  When I switched to 10w-50 full synth. there is no consumption at all !  So I was verry pleased whith that choice.
That's why.
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

Mustang

Quote from: "Marc"
QuoteWhy not just use what Triumph recommend?

when I use 10W-40 semi synthetic in my bmw K1, I have a considerable consumption.  When I switched to 10w-50 full synth. there is no consumption at all !  So I was verry pleased whith that choice.
 That's why.
you found the answer to your own question if you look at the quote above :roll:

WVdyhrd

owned it a year, done a couple oil changes, always use rotellaT, no probs, and it comes in big ole containers for the trucker types
When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd