News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What are your ECU Trim Settings

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 21, 2011, 11:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChazzyB

I'm slightly confused about maps. I've seen several people say they've loaded the latest 10173 map but they have bikes that I assume, given their age, are pre-VIN #206547. Danny955i has a 2001 Tiger and has loaded 10173. My Tiger's a 2003 bike (well, I always believed it to be) but has VIN #167127 and map 10121 (TOR).

What's the score?
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

metalguru

Are we getting close now?
Could be your bike was in store for a while at stealers..etc.
So long as you have the 2 connectors on the ecu, give the later map a try,
BUT save your map first.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "metalguru"Are we getting close now?
Could be your bike was in store for a while at stealers..etc.
So long as you have the 2 connectors on the ecu, give the later map a try,
BUT save your map first.

I doubt it was in store for long. The supplying dealer was Carl Rosner.

Alloy wheeled bikes started at VIN #198875. Mine has wire. From what I read, all wire-wheel 955i Tigers are either tune 10120 or 10121. What change happened at VIN #206547?
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

metalguru

I have just compared the two maps and the only alterations visible between 10173 (latest tune) & 10121 (yours) are to 'F' and A/F 1 tables.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: "Danny955i"Current Setup:

The bike does not smell rich on idle, and it no longer pops when coming down from high-revs at stand-still, so I made the LTFT richer to eliminate the popping and -3 was perfect on the 'blip test'... to get the RPM to drop straight to 1200 flat.

The best part... ABSOLUTELY NO POPPING ON DECELERATION. WHAT-SO-EVER... a little if you're in 1st  from about 3000-2500 rpm... but just a gurgle... not a full on "pop pop blam poof pop" that used to happen.

Danny, what 'non-stock' settings are you using for the af/1 tables from 2000 to 3000 ?
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

iansoady

My readings last time I looked (about a year ago) were:

Adaptive Stepper: -4
Idle Fuel Trim: 0
LTFT: 4.24
ISC Steps: 41
O2 Volts: .134

These readings (warm engine, idling) are from Tuneboy and look quite different from the ones showing from other people - are these from Tuneecu?

I'm running my own map which I adapted from Wayne Macdonald's version so that the A/F is only 14.5 at idle (up to 1400 rpm and no load (well actually 24 as it doesn't go any lower). Lovely map with no hesitation, deviation or repetition from 2,000 rpm all the way up (well as far as 8,000 which is as far as I usually take it).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

Danny, which of the two maps I sent you are you using? The one dated March (stock latest Triumph tune) or the one dated Feb (one of my lightly modified tunes).
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Tom_Hamburg

Quote from: "ChazzyB"Am I being dim, but how is LTFT adusted or even reset? The element for it is greyed out when I run TuneECU up.

Hi,

it's a bug, will be fixed in the next release.

BR, Tom
www.tuneecu.net
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

Danny955i

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Danny, which of the two maps I sent you are you using? The one dated March (stock latest Triumph tune) or the one dated Feb (one of my lightly modified tunes).

MAR Triumph Tune, is the one I'm using....

Also.. fixed the cylinder two issue... stupid blue clips like to come undone from the coils. Zip tied them all one... Runs great now! Haha.

OH, updated the info above too... Finally got 40mpg!!

Danny955i

Quote from: "oradbaforpsoft"Danny, what 'non-stock' settings are you using for the af/1 tables from 2000 to 3000 ?

I'm using the map As-Is... no changes to the 10173Map.hex tables what-so ever, just the LTFT/IFT/IACV trims.

LTB

Bike:
2001 955i
TOR Exhaust
K&N Filter
Removed baffle
NGK Platinum plugs
Lambda sensor simulation plug
New TPS

Starting point:
Map 10121
LTFT 5.3%
IACV -5
IFT 0

Now:
Map 10173
LTFT 4.8%
IACV -8
IFT 0

I haven't changed LTFT yet, I just set it at 4.8 as a starting point.
It's already like a new bike !!!
Very little hesitation at low r/m.
It pulls in 4th gear up a steep hill from 1000r/m without a problem.
The biggest issue before was rough running at constant speed around 2-2500r/m
There's still some rough running but much less.
There where some hesitations also at higher r/m but now that's OK.
Idle smoothness needs some tweaking though.

I'm really pleased with the result so far considering all things I tried to get it running OK last year.
Plugs, O2 eliminator, numerous 12 min cycles, removed baffle, checked the coils,
new gaskets around the airbox and finally new TPS that solved the most of the problems
but it wasn't nearly as smooth as now.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: "Danny955i"
Quote from: "oradbaforpsoft"Danny, what 'non-stock' settings are you using for the af/1 tables from 2000 to 3000 ?

I'm using the map As-Is... no changes to the 10173Map.hex tables what-so ever, just the LTFT/IFT/IACV trims.

Danny - thanks. Just to confirm:
The af/1 tables are unchanged from the 10173 Map.  Are they the same as Bixer Bob's MAR tune as well?

I still have minor popping on decel dropping from 3000 to about 2600 rpms.
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

Danny955i

That is EXACTLY where I have a bit of minor popping or 'gurgle' in my bike as well... so we're running the identical setup. Haha...

Good to know it's universal.

I'm thinking of making the A/F table richer between 2000-3000 rpm and 50% load to 100% load.

Near as I can tell, engine braking has got to be high load...

It's either that, or slightly increase the LTFT 1 to 2 more values, and then simply increase the AF ratios that are at 14.5 to about 14.7.

I know they say not to do that... but if the LTFT affects all maps, and you're trimming it UP 4 points, isn't anything at 14.5 really 10.5???

I'm not sure exactly... is it a %, or a value?

Bixxer Bob

Woa Danny!
first, overrun is NOT high load! Think about it, if you were at the settings you suggest it would be pulling your arms off not slowing down. Overrun is zero throttle position therefore you need work on the throttle closed line.

next, the popping is caused by weak mix not rich, so you need to decrease the af values, not raise them.  While you are in there you can chanve any values in the 14.5 - 14.7 range to 14.4 that will stop the o2 se.sor messing up your lovely new settings.

the reason for popping is a weak mix doesen't burn properly and allows unburnt fuel into the exhaust. not logical I know, but thats how it is.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ChazzyB

Idle stepper adjustment: TuneECU 1.8.9 now allows the idle stepper to be adjusted again, but how do you commit the new setting to the ECU? With the engine running, I adjusted mine down from the initial value of 5 to 2. This stopped the slightly high idle held for second after after blipping the throttle, so it just went straight back down to idle. It also seemed to stop of a lot of the popping on the overrun too. However, whenever I restart the bike and run TuneECU, the setting's 7!

Any ideas?
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S