News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High fender mod

Started by 97tiger885, March 14, 2011, 11:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

For those of you who have done this mod:  have you noticed any difference in the running temp since the fender looks to be blocking air flow to the radiator?  

++++++
Jon

Mustang

I went back to the low fender .............the temps did go up when stuck in traffic . like way up on the temp gage . also alot depends on the fender , I used a honda crf 450 fender and the front profile tended to push the air out to the sides of bike preventing it from getting to radiator . the stock fender works much better at keeping the road spray off you when riding in rain also.  It did look really good though ................

rf9rider

The Acerbis Teknic seems to be the favourite choice, it has vents at the back.
I rode mine all last summer and never had a problem with overheating.

Rocinante

Same here. I have the KTM 640 SMC fender below, and overheating is not a problem. Mind you, Norway never overheats though...

www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

aeronca

no problem here, been running mine for a few years - cant see any difference.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

97tiger885

Quote from: "rf9rider"The Acerbis Teknic seems to be the favourite choice, it has vents at the back.

Ok, so the vents seem be the solution to the overheating problem.  How well does this fender protect the radiator from road spray on pavement and mud from unpaved roads?

++++++++++
Jon

rf9rider

Quote from: "97tiger885"
Quote from: "rf9rider"The Acerbis Teknic seems to be the favourite choice, it has vents at the back.

Ok, so the vents seem be the solution to the overheating problem.  How well does this fender protect the radiator from road spray on pavement and mud from unpaved roads?

++++++++++
Jon

To be honest i don`t know as i haven`t ridden off road and never ridden it in the rain!  :lol:

I have a 4x4 for that.  :D

kingdomstyle

anyone went back to stock ,i will take your high fender kit
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R