News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Safety Recall

Started by PeteH, March 29, 2011, 12:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteH

So, Triumph have just realised that there`s an issue with the male quick release fuel connectors on the first girlies.

Had my invite through the post today requesting my co-operation to ensure the bike is modified without delay and to book it in at a dealer.

I have`nt had any issues with the connections, and have`nt  personally taken the tank off, but once the mods done I`ll feel more confident things wont go pear shaped if I do, Hmmm, feel an air box mod coming on.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Chris Canning

Female,they recalled the male years ago!!!,maybe it's a recall of a recall.

Well I laughed when mine came through the post  :evil: not,their a f*****g liability any one with a bike that old and not done anything about themselves is dancing with the devil,mine broke while we were on it with a full tank of fuel must be 3/4 years ago,it was only when my foot slipped off the gear lever and then realised 'Oh shit' :shock:

But I'll potter down to my Triumph dealer for the part to put in my tool box and at least they'll make a crumb by booking it.

Chris Canning

Just been into town to the Triumph dealer,no idea!! he seems to think it's the male!!,which was done on a recall years ago,and the reality is,it should be the females.

Give me the parts,I'll do it.
Oh no sir,bring the bike in we'll do it

I tell him the originals were plastic and changed to aluminium,we'll send you details off sir  :roll: