News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Experience with spray on bedliner on a crash guard?

Started by lobster, April 08, 2011, 05:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobster

I'm planning to fab up some crash guards for my Girly.  Mine didn't come with the little stock pipe guard and I want something a little beefier anyway.

I was thinking of spraying on bedliner to the crash guard as I thought it might be durable and look cool, but I don't know if the pipe heat will cause an issue.

Any thoughts?

chairhead

Id love to get my hands on some of this stuff,
would be great for the chair interiors,dont know if its available in the UK though,as for heat being an issue i would'nt have thought it would be a problem,you'll probably find its heat resistant up to stupid fahrenheit :)
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Mustang

Quote from: "lobster"I'm planning to fab up some crash guards for my Girly.  Mine didn't come with the little stock pipe guard and I want something a little beefier anyway.

I was thinking of spraying on bedliner to the crash guard as I thought it might be durable and look cool, but I don't know if the pipe heat will cause an issue.

Any thoughts?
the brush on herculiner stuff works better and resits heat , you must have a clean and prepped surface for it to adhere good ..............think sandblasted