News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW CANS FOR YOUR STEAMER

Started by Growler, March 09, 2011, 10:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growler

Hi peeps today I fitted a pair of venom oval cans and link pipes to my Steamer. These have the carbon ends on so look upto date very similar to the latest Arrows on triumphs at dealers. MASSIVE weight saving! The 2 cans and all bits weigh less than ONE OLD CAN!! These bikes are top heavy and anything that shaves top weight is a bonus - right! They have 2 baffles and I left both in. FANTASTIC sound, BS stamped and fully UK legal. I can get the kits for £199.99 if anyone wants one. Post is extra and we can work it out as and when. This is a LIMITED Deal and not many are left!! So BRAND NEW BOXED, WARRANTEED, ALL LINK PIPES & CLAMPS in fact all you need for a half hour job and it transforms your old Tiger..
email me mailto:motokustom@yahoo.co.uk">motokustom@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there. Pics will be sent by return and working on a short vid clip with sound but in standard form they sound awesome.
Thanks Peeps and regards Dave

Hittman

NeilD

hope the ones you're selling actually fit, unlike the sh!te ones I bought from MOTAD... the diameter where the link pipes meet the original H pipe is too big, I've tried wrapping foil tape, bits of tin can, sillicone, new clamps, but will not tighten up...
so will be on the phone to MOTAD on monday and tell 'em to poke 'em up their ar$e - nmybe thats something that they will fit..  :roll:

CoolHandLuke

Sorry to say, but I bought Venom cans and Trident carbons and the best ones I have used (and still use) are the BOS exhausts, as they use the stock fittings to mount them to the rear of the bike.

They are quite a bit more expensive, but in my opinion, worth it.

GavD

Neil,

I had similar problems with mine, but if you look at the original Triumph cans they have a slot cut down either side of the pipe where they attach to the headers by the footrests. Got the old hacksaw out and 10mins later sorted.

MOT booked for this tue, first ride in 4 years booked for next weekend (weather & kids dependant)

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

I did consider cutting slots, just having a bit of a 'sense of humour failure' with this bike at the moment.. cutting slots is the way to go but will ring MOTAD anyway, even if its just for someone different to moan to!  :)

GavD

I found I had to clamp them down, then run the hacksaw down again to make more of a slot so that they would go all the way down. Or use two hacksaw blades together.

A little bit of fettling is always the way with aftermarket cans in my experience. If ya want a perfect fit buy OEM. I'd rather have something a bit nicer & lighter, and spend a little bit of time and effort making them fit.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S