News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BE WARNED !!! DON'T GET CAUGHT OUT BY BAD ADVERTISING

Started by Tigertriple, April 08, 2011, 02:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I recently posted a request for help regarding fitting LED indicators to my Girly.

I ended up buying 2 sets of Motrax Allycators of ebay. for £10.00 a pair. A bargain as they are selling for up to £49.00 a pair.

In order for them to flash at a normal rate I bought a new indicator relay from Triumph-online (Sqaredeals)  for £14.00 plus shipping. I'm sure many oy you use this company.

They list the relay as suitable for ALL LED indicators and for standard bulbs. With this in mind I thought I had got myself a low cost indicator upgrade. How wrong could I be.

The indicator units were pretty good and would look nice on the bike. The relay on the otherhand was complete crap. It would not slow the flash rate down as it was advertised to do. I gave Triumph-online a call and when I said that I was fittinf Motrax indicators I was told that they have had a few people contacting them with a similar problem. Blamed Motrax and started to slag them off. I asked them why this was not mentioned on the product description if it is a known problem. All I got back was a load of waffle.

As I had fitted the relay to discover the problem, I am not able to return it to them as they will not take back electrical items that have been used. How else would I be able to find out that it did not work? Seems a bit unfair as it is advertised as being suitable for all LEDs

I am totally pissed off with them about this and want to let other Triumph owners  know that this relay does not work on all LEDs as advertised and that their customer service sucks. I'm sure many of you will have had good dealings with this company. I have now had several bad ones and will never buy from them again. I should have known better than to believe and blurb that they print. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

CoolHandLuke

You probably should have included the website name in the subject for emphasis.

Thanks for the tip.  It's bad form if they have had customers experience issues and not passed that on.

I think, given the information you have passed on, that trading standards would back your claim on this.  Under distance selling rules, regardless of whether an item has been used or not, you are able to return it - especially if it doesn't work as advertised and even more so if the seller openly admits he has had other customers experience issues.

I have also had a bad experience from there (and probably some other people without knowing it).  He was, some time ago selling brake pistons as stainless steel.  It turns out that they were fake.  As far as I am aware, he has never disclosed this to any of the customers who bought these and never publicised it.  (He is selling SS ones again, which I assume are genuine, but be very careful).

Mustang

yeah but you started with EBAY indicators that were 1/5th the price of what they should have been , that alone should have set off a red flag . Ebay is full of knock off crap , there is always a reason something is so cheap .................you get what you pay for is my motto .

and while I wont condemn or defend squaredeals  , their policy on returning electronic components is no different than any one else , as with electronics they are full of magic smoke and they have no way of knowing if you let the smoke out , so to speak .

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Mustang"yeah but you started with EBAY indicators that were 1/5th the price of what they should have been , that alone should have set off a red flag . Ebay is full of knock off crap , there is always a reason something is so cheap .................you get what you pay for is my motto .

and while I wont condemn or defend squaredeals  , their policy on returning electronic components is no different than any one else , as with electronics they are full of magic smoke and they have no way of knowing if you let the smoke out , so to speak .

Hi Mustang,

The issue here is not with the indicators. If you look at reviews of this product that are rated highly. I have now returned the indicators as I cannot be bothered with any more hassle.

My post was to highlight the poor service and wrongly described product supplied by Triumph-online ( Squaredeals) I thought it may help others not to get caught out.

BruKen

I always speak to them before buying online. I found them to be scrupulously honest every time to the extent where they have said, no, our product is inferior, buy your chain riveter there, get your car balancer from Morgantune etc etc. What I then have bought from them matched or excelled expectation. There is no substitutes for speaking directly with a seller, buyer beware.

John Stenhouse

Sale of goods act, return it as not fit for purpose, if they wont then contact trading standards, they are advertising it as something it's not.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Tigertriple

Quote from: "BruKen"I always speak to them before buying online. I found them to be scrupulously honest every time to the extent where they have said, no, our product is inferior, buy your chain riveter there, get your car balancer from Morgantune etc etc. What I then have bought from them matched or excelled expectation. There is no substitutes for speaking directly with a seller, buyer beware.

I'm happy to hear that you have had a good experience with this company. I buy 99% of my bike bits online and this is the only company I have regular problems with. I take your point about speaking with them first which is something I often do if a description is a bit unclear. When an item is advertised as being compatible with all LED bulbs that is what it should be. Buyer beware indeed. Next time I will be asking before I buy.

Tigertriple

Triumph_online have now agreed to take the relay unit back and give me a refund. They still had to have the last word and continue to slag of Motrax. Totally unprofessional. No mention that they will put a warning of compatibility on their website to avoid this happening to others.

This will be the last time I deal with them as there are plenty of good suppliers out there. We all make mistakes, but the difference is how we learn from them. As far as I'm concerned it's their loss. You would think that they would be pleased that a problem that can easily be fixed has been brought to their attention. To me this is positive feedback.

What have I learned from this? If it ain't broke don't fix it.  :D