News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Things you think while riding your Tiger

Started by Bob Tosi, April 10, 2011, 07:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

So I was riding the other day and the though occurred to me that my Tiger is one Bad Ass'd machine.

It is crazy good in the dirt "for a BIG bike".  Although it is a handful its got a certain charm to it.  Makes you feel like a real man riding a beast like that in the dirt......LOL

On the road, she is smooth as butter in the turns.  Feels like a sport bike almost.  It gets to 80mph in a heartbeat!

Mine's a '98 but she feels just as good now as it did when she was new I bet.

So what other stuff do you guys have to say?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

rybes

i love my tractor. always surprises me just how capable of a bike it is. love showin up sports bike riders on the twistys. gotta love lots of suspension travel. ;) only took it off road once n lets just say due to lack of experience it wasnt fun :roll: makes me smile now tho. wouldnt part with it for anythin. not even if the girlfriend asked me  :wink:  :lol:  no really, i wouldnt  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

MtheTiger

My tractor rarely goes offroad, and then only on reasonably hard surfaces. That's why I fitted the cast 3 spoke Trophy wheels and nice wide rubber to match (F:120 and R:180 Pilot Road2). This conversion makes her ride like on rails and totally eliminates the front lightness @ high speeds :D .
Regularly I get the thumbs up from fellow riders when they see (& hear !) my rig. With the BOS open exhausts the sound is sweeet  8)  8)
I'm one happy camper with my Tigger & she will always be here to stay!
Caspian Blue 1997 with 63K kilometers on the clock.
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

JetdocX

"Why the hell am I working so hard offroad??!!!!"

I never used to think this, but I've ridden the new XC.  My mistake. :roll:
From parts unknown.

NKL

God.... she is nice!!!
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

jphish

I think - WOW - this 06, silver Girly makes even me look cool. Not easy to do! Most the guys I ride with are GS owners - as they revel in the Teutonic mastery of their beasts - I sneek off to lube my chain. But - I still choose the Tiger - it's a fine Adventure machine & truely looks & performs like nothing else. Maybe they should try some of my Dupont teflon spray on their final drives ?!

NeilD

currently I think 'how long before it cuts out and I coast to the side of the road'..  :(  but when its good, its very very good..  :D

Bixxer Bob

I sometimes think,  the Blackbird would do this quicker or smoother, but the Blackbird is more technical to ride, very few folks can just rag a Blackbird.  Most folks can rag a Tiger  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bob Tosi

QuoteMost folks can rag a Tiger  
:ImaPoser  :friday

Putts255

Here is what I think while riding:

"Man anyone who has never ridden a bike is losing out, this bike takes me away from personal and work stress like nothing else in the world, thank God!"   :D

OR

"Wonder what position she will want tonight.......hmmm."   :lol:  :ImaPoser
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

D-Fuzz

I enjoy riding my bike because I don't really think about anything.  I just sit there and take in what's around me.  The sights, the sounds and mostly the smells.  I think it is so cool how all the smells hit you when you are riding.  I spent 14 days and 11,000km last summer riding to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and back and didn't think about work once.  It was awesome!
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

John Stenhouse

Funny, I was just thinking as I battled another blast of crosswind on the viaduct over the Medway and tried not to lose the front end in one of Kents fine potholes, I do this for fun? Bloody daft!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bob Tosi

QuoteI do this for fun? Bloody daft!

That was me on my ride last weekend, after I dropped the Tiger for the third time in the mud and snow...... :ImaPoser  :friday

My buddy was right behind me helping me every time.... I started to get real self conscious..... I was scared crapless cause it was a really hard road.... I had already broke the turn signal, gotten pinned under the bike twice......dropping F bombs left and right....all the while wondering "what the HELL  am I doing riding this big beast out here.....!

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Bob Tosi".... I started to get real self conscious..... I was scared crapless .... I had nearly dropped it several times....all the while wondering "what the HELL  am I doing riding this big beast in here.....!

Words are almost the same as me last summer  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

As I ride along I don't think much except perhaps about the road, the cars, where I am going and such like.

As I roll along I am aware that all the work stress, the bad times, the worry just drain away and then I'm me again.  The real me, not that busy faker at work.  Benign, quieter, more contented.  There is a kind of calmness that comes from riding steady on the tiger.  Drifting along.  No other bike I've ridden does this.

A rolled up £20 note for petrol and food, a little sun and a clear road can be better than 2 weeks holiday sometimes.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?