News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by NZDeano, November 10, 2011, 02:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDeano

Hi from new member in NZ. I am about to sell both my guzzi and my Triumph scrambler and get a tiger.
There are some very nice little 955's for sale here. Can anyone tell me if I should be going for the 1050.
So 955 vs 1050? What's the go???
Will I regret getting a tiger I wonder, so far only heard good things. The scrambler leaves me wanting.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Sin_Tiger

Unlikely you'll be left wanting either way, both are very good in their own ways.

Never owned or ridden a Girly but I would suggest it's probably better suited for NZ, especially if you carry a pillion regularly.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HockleyBoy

Welcome aboard.

Love my Girly but then I haven't ridden the 1050!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Blackadder

Ridden both but I prefer my 955i....

NZDeano

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Welcome aboard.

Pardon my ignorance, but why called a Girly ?
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Mustang

Quote from: "NZDeano"
Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Welcome aboard.

Pardon my ignorance, but why called a Girly ?

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4212

blacktiger

Welcome Deano,
IMO the Girly will best suit you if you ever venture onto the dirt roads you have in NZ.
The 1050 is really a pure road bike and is better at that but it'll never steer right on dirt because of its 17" front wheel.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

oxnsox

Welcome Deano. I've run my Girly up and down The Coast and around the roads in Tasman for the last few years, I think you'll enjoy yours... Great range too which is what you need heading south.

Just moved from Nelson to Christchurch so a flat lander again now though
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NZDeano

Quote from: "oxnsox"Welcome Deano. I've run my Girly up and down The Coast and around the roads in Tasman for the last few years, I think you'll enjoy yours... Great range too which is what you need heading south.

Just moved from Nelson to Christchurch so a flat lander again now though

Cheers for that buddy, yep I guess I am pretty lucky as I live smack bang in the middle of the Buller Gorge, so dosent matter which way I go I have about 30km of twisting scenic roads to ride on to get anywhere. Bummer eh, but someone has to live here.
yep I am loving this bike. On both the scrambler & the guzzi I have to choose my lines carefully as there are lots of ruts & bumps but with the Girly it just dont matter. And I never thought I would love a fuel gauge so much, its awesome because I used to have to always top up if near town. Now it just dont matter.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400