News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Extended Trip on a Girly

Started by Lostviking, March 29, 2011, 01:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: "Lostviking"Horn doesn't work. I'll have to dig into that shortly.

How can you tell, its like something out of Camberwick Green, Paarp. :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

JasonS

... he could have bought my Tiger.. it is all ready for the long haul!!

(hint hint, nudge nudge)

+1 on the Mustang Pegs... look at my setup for ideas maybe.. (classified ad) but I think mirror extenders is a good addition... and even Tank panniers to get some of the weight up front....
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Lostviking

Jason,

I would have been on that like a hawk on a baby bunny. But it appeared 20 days too late. Nicely set up.
Find A Way

greatbuffalo

Absolutely on the tank bag. Don't know if your an inmate over at advrider.com or not but Got2Moto had a nice one for sale. PM him.

I haven't seen anyone mention highway pegs. These are a must for me. Can be mounted on your bash bars.

Enjoy the hell out of that fine machine and enjoy the ride.
2001 Triumph Tiger. Black

ackme

Last summer I went from NY to Denver to Glacier and back to NY.  Sorta like a quick run for a cup of coffee for AK Tiger.  :bowdown  

But the stuff that worked best for me:
Mustang pegs - love the grip and the extra leg room. :icon_salut
Spencer LD seat mod - couple of 600+ mile days with no ill effects
tank bag is a good call - I have the factory slab.
Ortlieb dry sack flat bungeed to rear rack - camping gear
sport screen - hate the buffeting with the stock tall screen and too cheap to spend the bucks on Vario or Palmer to see if they work.  Maybe I just dont know what I am missing but it works fine for me. :icon_scratch

I second the advice for a volt meter (search the Girly forum) to keep an eye on your charging system with those running lights and the heated gear.

the thing I missed the most were a set of hi-way pegs.  Looks like your crash bars would be a piece of cake to mount a set on. :thumbsup

I did not bring any rain gear, just wore the Stich RC everyday and was fine.  But then again, I did not run into any all day soakers. Just a couple storms that lasted for an hour or two.  Of course one them did feature hail going sideways for the longest ten minutes of the trip. :shock:  

Enjoy the bike and have a good trip. :friday

ack
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.

2005 955i Tiger, British Racing Green- plenty of umph