News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

are you a cnc machinist ?

Started by rybes, April 27, 2011, 07:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "cosmo"
Quote from: "nickcalne"I think he described the machines as '5 axis' if that means anything to anyone.

Up, Down, In, Out, and TARDIS.

I think.

Cosmo

Ah, but up down is only one, in out is another so left right is the third.  Add head tilt left or right as the fourth, a driven circular table or dividing head and tailstock as the fifth or both would give you six, except if you tried to program that lot with a pencil and math your head would explode :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

flaco

WTF are you blokes talking about?
kernow bys vyken

Mustang

Quote from: "flaco"WTF are you blokes talking about?
multi axis cnc maching center :shock:

flaco

Thanks Mustang. That's a real eye-opener. I learn something every time I log on to this forum.
kernow bys vyken

LTB

I work at Volvo Aero and we build jet engine parts.
Machining is what we do most. In really tough materals like Inconel and Titanium.
All is prepared using NX-CAM and Vericut.
You would be amazed if you saw the products. One product is a bell housing with 2mm remaining wall in 1800mm diameter.
I'm not directly involved as I work with robotics but I used to work at Volvo Cars and there is no comparison in the product complexity.
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"