News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ventura Rack on a Steamer...

Started by NeilD, December 07, 2010, 10:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

..anyone use this system or seen a picture? just wondered where the pack sat and how difficult it made getting on/off the bike?  I use the ventura stuff on my thunderbird sport so was thinking of getting it for the Tiger as I already have the bag.. ?

NeilD

well at the risk of lookign like I'm having a conversation with myself  :) I've answered my own question...

this is how it looks..

P1020006 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

this is the configuration I'd use it in, the bag sat on seat leaving the rack free for a roll bag/tent

P1020004 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

and without the 'pack rack' fitted, the sidebars are quite unobtrusive but still useful as lifting handle to get the bike onto centerstand, and somewhere to attach cargonet hooks..

P1020009 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

GavD

Sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get a sensible conversation..............  or is that just me????
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

So i presume the Ventura system is still available for the Steamer?

NeilD

yep it is, but they dont keep the side bars in stock so take about 6 weeks as theyre made to order... the rack parts are standard ventura bits so can be got from stock... I just bought the big rack to carry the bag for now, am keeping an eye out on ebay for a grab handle or sports rack..

CoolHandLuke

Where are you ordering the system from?

NeilD

ordered mine direct from Motohaus who are uk distributors... its not cheap, although as I said you can pick the rack part up second hand if you look around, as that fits a variety of bikes..

I already had the bags 'in stock' as I've got the same set-up on my T/bird Sport, and on t'other halfs Yamaha..

http://www.motohaus.com/

CoolHandLuke

Motohaus takes me through to http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/products/ ... ystem.aspx.

I can't see the Tiger 885 listed in the drop down boxes.  Did you have to manually order the parts?

Thanks for the info, BTW.

rf9rider

If you look in the individual parts, in the drop down box, gives Tiger and reg number prefix.

NeilD

yep as Rybes said, its listed as Tiger 900 reg P,R,S,T,V,W so I checked with them before ordering.

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "NeilD"yep as Rybes said, its listed as Tiger 900 reg P,R,S,T,V,W so I checked with them before ordering.
You imagining stuff as well as talking to yourself?  No reply from Rybes :roll:

Ta  :)

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"
Quote from: "NeilD"yep as Rybes said, its listed as Tiger 900 reg P,R,S,T,V,W so I checked with them before ordering.
You imagining stuff as well as talking to yourself?  No reply from Rybes :roll:

Ta  :)

[feigns west country accent for no particular reason] "You made I larf".... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

:oops:  :oops: has anyone seen 'the plot' as I seem to have lost it!  :D

rf9rider

Think someones getting me and Rybes mixed up.  :shock: