News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Panniers of 1998 Tiger

Started by Henry James, May 03, 2011, 03:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry James

Redding, Ca
How about you

Henry James

I guess I scared everyone away.  Remember the price is negotiable.  So lets get those offers posted :)

Mustang

it's your shipping estimate ......

put the brackets in one bag and ship the three bags in seperate boxes ...............theres no way it can be 250 for three saddlebag size boxes . even for UPS

Dred

If they've got pack and ship outfits (Mailboxes, Etc. or the like) in your neck of the states ... they will get much better results.  Businesses pay dramatically lower rates based on 1) experience and 2) volume.  And, don't underestimate the best bargain we've still got going in the states - the US Postal Service.  Last items I shipped overseas were small comparatively, but it really didn't cost more than shipping in the states by UPS.

I did get a large package from France recently (comparable to one of your cases) - cost me right about $50 to get it to TX.

At any rate, the pack and shippers should be able to quote you prices that are fair including the premium they get for doing the work.  Finally, don't underestimate the value of your cases - to the buyer that wants them, you've got the only known supply.  What seems outrageous to you might be more than reasonable to them - trust me I've got lots of old bits on my shopping lists and when I find them on the market it's a then or possibly never proposition.

Henry James

Thanks for all the feedback.  I don't want to keep monitoring the site, so I am going just keep them and put them back up in the barn.  You never know I make remove the cart someday and turn it back into a motorcycle.
Thanks again.

triplefury

I want your luggage I hope I'm not to late. This is the first time I have been on the forum in a while.

Bixxer Bob

You should've PM'd him for 2 reasons; first if you send a pm, it emails the poster to let him know you made a comment, and second, you'll get spammed to death for putting a phone number or email address in the public domain.

Just sayin'  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"You should've PM'd him for 2 reasons; first if you send a pm, it emails the poster to let him know you made a comment, and second, you'll get spammed to death for putting a phone number or email address in the public domain.

Just sayin'  :wink:
I sent henry a pm for him  8)

triplefury

Thanks, good point on the personal info I just got a little excited. I hope I can reach him. I have been Looking  for that luggage 4 a while and I hope I did not miss my opportunity .